Comcast lost all HD

Username: Ksoakley

Battle Creek, Mi USA

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Sharp Aquos LC-32D42U, and had it installed on the fireplace. I then hooked up basic comcast cable, here in Battle Creek, Mi. The tv has an ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner. Immediatly I had all my basic cable channels, as well as HD channels 72.1ABC, 72.2NBC, 73.2Fox, 80.2CBS and 82.6CW as well as some other new music channels. This past monday I lost all the HD channels except 82.6CW and the music stations. I had it perfectly for about a week and then they were completely gone. I do not have an antenna hooked up, just cable. I have done a couple channels setups as well as the ez setup, no luck. This may be answered elsewhere but I still havnt found a straight answer. It was suggested that my cable signal decreased enough to lose those channels.
Any help is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 540
As far as I know
Cable basic (analog) can be tuned using your TV tuner.
Digital channels and HD are both encrypted using PowerVue by Scientific Atlanta. Require decoder tuner with subscription to receive it.

It is hard to explain what you are describing:
- But always possibilty it was broadcast in Clear (for short period)
- Make sure it is true HD
- What channels are you getting now from cable?
- You can certainly ask your cable company to provide you with HD reciver since you got cable already usually $5 to $8 per month and lets you got both Digital channels and true HD
- Instal an external amplified antenna (TERK $70)and get local HD ch 2-69

Battle Creek, Mi USA

Post Number: 2
I contacted Comcast this morning and they are out of HD boxes in this area, about 60 days before they get more. Laughable. They did offer DVR, but the price on that was too much. The channels Im left with are the baisc 2-99 and I still have 82.5 The Tube and 82.6 CW. Im reasessing my options now, probably just get an antenna ready for anything I want to watch in HD.

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
It may not be a bad idea
Check TERK External amplified antenna $70.00
www.frys.com
under video, TV Accessories or ebay

Also go to this site
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx
put city, state, zip only
check for angle and channel listing in your area

Battle Creek, Mi USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the links, I think thats probably the way to go at this point. I was delaying this option because the tv only has one Ant/Cable input. oh well.

Thanks Again

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
Don't forget to check listing first
For HD you must be within 50 miles radius to get good HD reception.

HD Antenna is not recommended for high mountains or High rising Apartment buildings
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us