How can I watch 1080i upconverted through my component cables?

Username: Streetassassin

Post Number: 1
Hi there, I am really new to the whole high definition scene and I am having a really hard time figuring this out. I have a LCD tv that accepts only component for video, because the dvi-d input is only for computer usage as I have tried 2 different cables and no success. The DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS75H which is an upconverting player that has HDMI, but as I said I have to resort to component as the LCD will not accept the HDMI to DVI-D input, so...I went to bestbuy and purchaced a component cable set, and the guy said that they are capible of showing 1080i, but the DVD player won't let the 1080i signal to be shown unless through the HDMI cable unless I "hack" the dvd player, but it will void my warranty, but I have searched for hours on the internet and cannot find anything that is getting me closer to watching 1080i with the components, so if anyone could help me out that would be gratley appreciated, thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3296
I doubt you can hack a Sony player. You can buy a different player that can be hacked. I'd contact the TV manufacterer and see about getting the DVI to work.

Post Number: 2
Well bummer. It's too bad they make it so difficult to do that. I will contact the TV manufactuer and see if there is a way to "unlock" the dvi-d for non computer use. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3297
LCD TVs are 720p, not 1080i. If the TV is HD, it won't do either if it's not HD, set the Sony to 720p.

Post Number: 3
I just found out that the LCD has HDCP protection, and that is what inables it to watch DVD through the dvi input. Is there any way to eliminate that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3298
The player should support HDCP too, so it shouldn't be a problem. Set the Sony's output to 720p instead of 1080i.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us