Wall mount for Philips 42 inch Plasma

Username: Onthefly

Post Number: 1
They delivered my new Philips 42 inch Plasma the other day and I noticed that the spacing where you mount the brackets for a wall mount are farther apart than all the mounts I can buy locally!! The standard mount size seems to be 29" wide and the hole spacing on this TV is 32" wide. One store sold me a system that balanced on a single hook mounted to the wall, but that won't work for me since there isn't a stud in the center of the wall.

There are other mounting screw holes on the back of the TV, used to attach the base if you want a freestanding unit, but they are significantly smaller than those which are intended for this purpose. The smaller holes will line up with the wall mount brackets.

Has anyone run into this before? Is it safe to use the smaller screws to install the wall mount equipment? I'm not doing anything until I know for sure.

Thanks in advance~*

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 232
if the tv is "versa" compliant the wall mounts should line up. have you tried the phillips sight to see what they recommend?

Username: Onthefly

Post Number: 2
The manual "claims" that it is VESA compliant, but again, the spacing on the back of the tv is 32" and the bracket is only 29" long. Don't see how that can ever work.

Meanwhile, I found a mount that should work at mountsandmore.com. http://www.mountsandmore.com/Peerless-ONE-TP-PE1139.html

I guess I'll just have to wait for it to come in.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us