Please help this Samsung DLP owner!!!

Username: Parrott

Post Number: 2
Do all samsung dlp 1080p televisions look distorted when viewing standard television? My picture almost sucks when watching standard cable via comcast DVR box. Is their something wrong with my television or i am using the wrong cables? Thanks for any help, i am very new to this.

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1026
Cable is definitely the worst and most inconsistent signal source. The best signal is digital and comes from off-air local networks.
I have an H10 Direct TV receiver that accepts an external vhf/uhf antenna and puts my off-air digital locals in the same guide with the DTV channels. Your internal ATSC tuner will auto-scan for off-air digitals from the "Air" input too. Digital channels have a -1 channel designation. Those channels should look crystal clear.

If you're stuck with analog cable as an only option you may want to call them to clean it up.

Standard definition analog signal is enlarged when converted to fit your screen. It doesn't really look great on any big screen. Video processors have a market for such conditions, but nothing beats digital HD. I rarely watch standard def any more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us