SV2000 Problems, Help Needed

Username: Kosher_cat

Post Number: 1
I need help with my SV2000 dvd recorder. I bought it about two months ago and am starting to have problems with it. After I recorded my movie tonight, I tried to finalize the disk. When the dvd recorder started to finalize the disk, an error message popped up on the screen "Disk cannot be recorded on." Something to that effect. I am no longer able to edit my movie, what-so-ever. I need some help, I want to finalize the movie before I take my dvd recorder back, so that I don't lose the movie. I am planning on taking the dvd recorder back and getting another dvd recorder, not the same one though. If I cannot fix this problem before I take this dvd recorder back, do you think I would be able to finalize my movie on my new dvd recorder? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3272
You won't be able to finalize the disc on another brand recorder.

Post Number: 2
Oh no, sounds like I'm going to lose the movie then. I guess I could buy the same DVD recorder, before I take the other one back, and then record the movie on another DVD. This problem with the error message has already happened a few times, I don't think it's the DVD-R disks I am using ... I take the disks out of the package and use them when I need them, no funny business inbetween. Could this problem be troubleshooted? Thanks once again.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3279
What brand and speed discs are they? If you want to buy another recorder and don't want to lose the disc, take the disc to WalMart and use their display recorder to finalize it.

Username: Robrobbyrob

San antonio, Texas United states

Hey David, hope you can help me with my problem. I purchased a SV2000 model # WV20V6 I am having problems recording my VHS concert which was recorded on regular camcorder to DVD. It starts recording it for bout say 10 mins, then stops indicating that recording the vhs tape is prohibited. I try restarting it and will start recording again. Some times will record 2 mins/ 5 mins/ 1 min etc. Very frustrating especially since this is a brand new item. Any ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Username: Mcj

maybe you can record the movie in a VHS tape, then in the new recorder transfer again to dvd....

Post Number: 3
I was using Maxell DVD+R disks. Now I'm using Sony DVD+R disks.

I haven't had a problem with my DVD recorder since I bought Sony. It must have been the disks I was using.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us