LG 42" Widescreen LCD HDTV** (42LC2D)

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1062
Hi guys this my first HDTV i got it from futureshop for 1699+tax...I just wanna to know did i pick up a good tv with nice deal or wut ? And can you tell me how can i make my pic quality better...SHOULD I GO WITH HDMI OR companat vidoe cables....i am new to HDTV, so plz tell me more about this...i wanna gather more info as much i can..Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 451
Hi McSunny
1699 is OK there were better deals on different products
First thing you need to know what HD reciver to plug
- i.e. Is it HD Antenna, Satellite, Cable, etc.
- Based on that you can decide HDMI or RGB
- For antenna no need to HDMI $100 rip off
- For Digital receivers/Decoders set the Wizard that will automatically change to 108i, 1080p, 720p, 720i, 480 etc. HDMI will be better picture if receiver is truely capable to handle it from optic port

Gold Member

Post Number: 1063
Actually it was 1599CA which is about 1325US
These are the untis i hooked up to that tv right now

Satellite...Dishnetwork but dishnetwork receiver is not HD......Using comapant cables

Cable.....Normal CABLE...

Dvd Player.... using comapant cables

Xbox 360....I love the Game Pic it looks so nice...using Component HD/AV Cable i just bought that for 49.00CA

- so wut u think the cables i am using are they good or anything i need to change ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
component video cable*

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
$1325 sounds much better

Most cable companies will charge $5 per month for an additional HD receiver. Ask your cable company if they can do that HD receiver good reciption. If they can do make sure it is the new optic one

If they don't get a $70 TERK amplified antenna straight coax to your TV no need for HDMI. Will get your local broadcast ch 2-69 as long as they are within 50 miles radius (much better than cable)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1066
Thanks king, it was very nice of u to help me out on this. i will be coming in this section more often to learn more sutff..Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
Hey McSunny
Just like Satellite dish if you point antenna to get best reciption

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

You don't have to enter full info just city, state and zip the degrees will be Azmith
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 1096
ok i will check this out..thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us