HDTV Help

Username: Skinner5

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am looking into purchasing a HDTV and not sure if a Plasma, LCD or DLP would be best for my room.

The room basics are.. 20ft long and 8 ft wide. There are 7 windows in the room, 5 along the side and 2 on the end, over my shoulder. There are no windows behind the TV. The windows do have shades which we close to eliminate the glare. The distance from the TV to me is 17'.

I was looking at a 42".. but now an considering a 50" instead..

Any help or suggestions would be apprieciated!

Thanks,
John

Username: Signatureaudio

Post Number: 5
Depending on how high you plan on hanging the TV, a plasma would definitely have a glare from the windows behind you. An LCD flat panel won't have a glare but you typically pay more for a larger LCD like a 50". DLP gives you the most TV for your money however it can't be hung on a wall and you have to replace the bulb every couple of years. If you can swing it, I would recommend the LCD. And based on how far back you will be sitting, you will definitely want at least a 50" or more.

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 211
actually i think it depends on the screen. the pioneer elite is graet at eliminating glare. i was in a store where the display model is the first thing inside the door and it is great.

Username: Skinner5

Post Number: 2
Actually it wont be hanging because there is a built-in shelf that runs across the end of the room that is approx 20" deep and 30" off the floor.

What do you think about Sony rear projection LCD?
The man at the local TV store recommended that over a plasma and DLP due to glare, cost, repair factors.

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 216
what repair factors?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us