Screen size displayed by Comcast cable box DCT6412

Username: Figiswired

Post Number: 1
I have installed a home theater with a Vidikron 40 1080i projector. A/V receiver is a Denon AVR 4306. All connections are HDMI. No analog. Just added Comcast cable with the provided Motorola DCT6412 cable box.

The problem is that when we view cable TV the screen is about 80% of the size that we get when we view HD DVDs or DVDs. Same aspect ratio, just smaller overall. How can that be?

Also, does anyone know how to figure out what resolution you are receiving? I have no idea if I'm getting 480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i?? None of this is addressed in the manuals.

Username: Beachrdy

Richmond, VA USA

You might try this. I don't have Comcast any more as I switched providers, so I can't give you the clicks to do this.
There is a setting in the menu as to what type of signal the cable box sends to your unit. There will be several options, such as up convert, down convert, pass through etc. I would suspect that this item is set to something other than pass through, thus allowing the cable box to set the type of signal instead of allowing your set to do it. Good luck.

Username: Remotes_r_us

To change the initial settings:
Turn the TV on, Turn the Cable box off. Use the cable box remote and press the menu button.

From the user setting screen, change to 1080i and 16:9 format.

Hope that works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us