Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 Progressive scan????

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through November 17, 2004testuser100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 460
Take it back and buy something else.

Miheer
Unregistered guest
I have Cyberhome CH DVD 300, I set the progressive scan to see what it is and I lost the display. My TV doesnot show anything. How can I get my display back?
Can someone help? Thanks.

Anonymous

rtfm

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
You need to reset it, it's usually done by pushing one of the buttons on the unit for 10 seconds or so with the power on. Which one varies on different units, just keep trying till you find it, the unit will shut down when you get it right.

Unregistered guest
I can't get any power. It is plugged into a working outlet and everything is hooked up correctly. It worked before. I haven't used in a few weeks, when I tried to use it now, no power! Any suggestions?

testuser
Unregistered guest
I found a solution to the POWER problem.Try to eject the CD from the player, by inserting any flat plastic thing from the emergency exit(at the back end of the player).This will turn the POWER ON.

Thanks

Username: V_narang

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a question about Cyberhome DVD players CH-dvd300s . I want to know that when i change the settings to make it region free then is that so that the settings cannot be changed again and will be permanently fixed up. Also, as mentioned in the steps of making it region free it says open and close tray..that means manually by pressing the button or by using the remote.?? cos one of the messages said that dont use the remote..thanks for the help.
Please respond as soon as possible...

yuri
Unregistered guest
Purchased two Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 ( manufactured September 2004 ) recently from local BestBuy.
It seems that region hack ( menu,1,9 ) is not working any more. Anyone else had the same experience ?

Edmar
Unregistered guest
To Vikas and Yuri.
Vikas, it doesn't matter the way you open/close the tray. I openned and closed it only after changing the code, and using the remote. It worked fine.
Yuri, I bought my yesterday from BestBuy and de (menu, 1, 9) worked fine. Remember to press one key at a time and don't keep more than one key pressed at same time. You will see the code on the screen, use up/down arrows on your remote to change the area code (0 = all), press enter, and open/close tray (I used the remote for it). Good luck.

Miheer
Unregistered guest
Thanks David..this reset thing worked.

abs2k
Unregistered guest
with the dvd (300) without disc, turn on....
and press

7 7 7 0 7 0

this make free all zones

(for those can't free the zone with menu 1,9)

sorry 4 my english

greetings from chile

Username: Krafty71867

Newport News, Virginia United States

I cant view dvd + r on my ch-dvd 300. Can anybody help me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
Probably doesn't do +R discs. Try better media and/or slower burns.

Teej
Unregistered guest
Hi All... Today I was at our local Menards and they had these for sale for undr $30. I bought one about a year ago that I love and use all the time. Well, I tuought I would pick up what I could afford as christmkas present becasue they played "back up" copies of my DVD's. Anyways, I bought 6 of them today. The packaging was slighty diffrent than it used to be, but it says it is 300. The unit itself looks identical. Even the remote for my old one works on it (I had to test one out). I went to set the code for the multi-region and although that worked, I noticed the menu looked completley diffrent. there were only 3 options listed there and nothign else. It also moved from the lower left of the4 screen to the top center. When I put in a copied disc with a mpg on it, it just says "loading" and just sits there. On my original one it loads quickly.. and it doesn't say "loading", it says "reading".. Also the graphic on that moved from the upper right to the upper left. I think these are diffrent makes. There is one SLIGHT cosmetic diffrence., Both say CyberHome CH-DVD 300" the graphic logos right next to the remote sensor are slight diffrent,, on the new one, the "DTS" graphic that is right between the "Dolby Digital" and the "Mp3" logo is missing... it only has the 2 other graphics on it.I think I may take them all back.. Anyone know of a way to set it to the old settings?

big boss
Unregistered guest
i got one of these at best buy on friday. it was built october 2004. when i used the hack above, i found that the region code was preset on '0'. i didn't change anything and played a '2' disc just fine.

David O. S.
Unregistered guest
Teej,
I just purchased my first cd-dvd 300 at Sams Club today and noticed that there were at least 2 different versions of the BIOS in the players on the pallet according to the serial number stickers on the boxes. I took a chance and picked the latest manufactured date of July 2004 that came with the BIOS "0FS".

The machines manufactured June 2004 had a different BIOS code so it's a fair bet that your original machine from last year had an earlier BIOS.

David O. S.
Unregistered guest
Ran my built July 2004, bios:0FS unit through the paces with only one hitch; It doesn't play MPG files as the box states. Can anyone confirm if you can play raw MPG files and, if you can, what is your player's built date/bios?

Overall...
The menu-1-9 region hack worked.
The PAL DVD playback on NTSC TV's is incredible.
The MP3 playback is nice and displays ID-Tag info.
The JPG slideshow playback is nice.
It plays my Nero created DVD-R movies.
It plays DVD-R discs created with the Panasonic recorder.

And, to the anonymous critics who advise to buy a "name brand" (i.e. high dollar) player instead of this 'cheap' one, if you can find a "name brand" player that flawlessly plays PAL discs as well as this one and has an easy region hack then more power to you. I own DVDs that are currently only available region 2 or 4 PAL format so until US distributors get off their cans and release them here I have a legitimate need for an awesome "cheap" player like this.

Unregistered guest
Macrovision Hack:-(cyberhome)

"1.) After putting in DVD, hit Stop, then Setup to bring up the Setup menu.

2.) Go to VIDEO > SYSTEM > OUTPUT and change the output setting. (Ex. If you set to output S-video, change it to composite. If you are set to composite, change it to S-video.)

3.) Macrovision should now be disabled. Change your output setting back to your preferred method, hit return twice to exit the Setup menu, and press Play."

Just wanted to let everyone know that, for me, this hack is definitely working. It is sticky (works after power off, and does not require reapplication for each new DVD) and it plays and records fine through my VCR.

As for the comment that there is no "return" button, I just exited the setup the way I could, and it still worked.

Unregistered guest
Hey all, im getting problems with mine. It doesn't reads jpg files and mpg files... I tried to put a burned cd and it reads the jpg files ok (a little slower to load (its normal?) but it reads), then i tried a clipart CD, original CD, nice media, but it didn't read nothing. I tried with some CD-Rs with MPG files and nothing too (it stays at LOADING... state forever)

Tkz, _bogus_
exbogus@gmail.com

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Cyberhome CH3000 January 2004. I was upgrading the firmware and a disk error broken my upgrade. Now the CH300 doesn't turn on anymore. Some one knows how could I do to reset de system or how to put an emergency CD to power on the player again ? Or is it dead to ever?

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Cyberhome CH3000 January 2004. I was upgrading the firmware and a disk error broken my upgrade. Now the CH300 doesn't turn on anymore. Some one knows how could I do to reset de system or how to put an emergency CD to power on the player again ? Or is it dead to ever?
TKS.
carlos.uchoa@uol.com.br

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have to number to cyberhome tech support or even if there is one? Also, I was messing with the video settings because my picture was dimming on my CH-DVD300 and now I get nothing. How do you reset the CH-DVD300 to factory settings?

Unregistered guest
I bought my dvd 300 today at best Buy and I was trying to put the code and its so easy.. now im watching troy ... that I bought in england hehehe this is cool .. awesome... hehe thanks Guys

Username: Louie

Diane, I think the problem stems in your authoring software. I have successfully created vcd,svcd, dvd,data that the cyberhome 300 played. Also if you are creating vcd's and have more than one clip, and have created a menu (pbc)you must use the number pad on remote to access them from the menu ex: for clip 1 hit #1 on your remote,clip #2 hit #2 on remote etc.I am using basic software like nero express and roxio dvd builder. I ahave had a lot of success with Nero express . It encodes the discs properly without requiring you to know much tehnical info. The discs even played on myt playstation which is usually my test to see if it will play on any type of dvd player.

Mike Friday
Unregistered guest
What is the difference between Cyberhome 300 and 320?? Thanks

helpinspain
Unregistered guest
Hi all need a little help. Have a Ch-300 I purchased to use in Spain but dont know if I should switch The Pal/NTSC now to pal to play american dvds or when i get to spain and do it on the televisions there anyone done this.? Thanks

STATIXXX
Unregistered guest
Why do you peeps keep calling the region free setting a "hack"? It's in the menu, it's not a hack *LOL*

BTW just got mine today and I hadda do the flippy thing in the slot before it'd open up, works good now but I had to go to their website, nothing in the manual about how to open the disc door if it sticks, kind of a pain in the a55 but seems ok now.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have this cyberhome ch-dvd 300s and presently it's on progressive scan mode. When connected to the Tv the screen is blank(dark). How can i put it back to normal mode so as to watch my movies again.Please, anyone out there to help me over come this problem on board. Please mail me if help be available at: makvizza@hotmail.com or makeddy2002@yahoo.co.uk. I shall be very grateful if any one render me help. EDDY MAKIA

One Bad Apple
Unregistered guest
I purchased a CH-DVD 300 from Sam's Club. I am unable to get the remote to work. It plays DVD's fine using the controls on the front of the player. I changed the battery in the remote but still no results. Is there a reset for the remote.

apapa
Unregistered guest
Bought ch-dvd 300 yesterday, everything works except the RANDOM and SHUFFLE playback options for MP3 discs. RANDOM and SHUFFLE options don't exist, the only available options are SINGLE, REPEAT ONE, FOLDER, and REPEAT FOLDER. Should I go replace the unit? Thanks.

Anonymous

I bought the DVD player 1.5 years ago and I used it to play DVD, VCD and MP3. Recently it won't play DVD anymore while fine with VCD and MP3. Anyone knows the reason? Thanks.

RJL
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to navigate the menus (scene selection, subtitles, special features) without the remote? Our remote went through the washing machine and no longer works. Since a replacement will cost as much as a new player, we're doing without at the moment.

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hi, I bought the CH-DVD 300 in september 2004, and i use it in France. I hak it to region free. It works but there were some dropped frames. So I switch to PAL. Now, there isn't any drop but some green frame occur during the movie. What can i do?
obarth@hotmail.com

Thanks !

Unregistered guest
Hi..

Need URGENT help. Have got a LG dvd with progressive scan - was messin' with remote and switch progressive scan on and now telly is all black with no pics - sound is alright though..
please instruct and help - amanda.wong@doctors.org.uk
dad bought this dvd for me and means LOTS!!

Thank you!! will also be grateful for advices on progressive scans - how to use it etc..

Anonymous

Sent this to Cyberhome Support - Have to see what feedback I get.

My unit is about 90 days old and it will sometimes stop playing sound. When this happens, I always have to turn power off to the player by unplugging the unit from the wall and then plugging it back in. Simply hitting the power button will not work. This will normally occur when the unit has been in standby for some period of time and is turned back on. I have never experienced this issue as the unit was playing. I have checked the sound menu on the unit and note that it is not turned all the way down.

Another issue is the unit will not properly seek or find a subsequent title as it follows the programed steps through a movie. For instance, the unit will play the Copyright Warnings and then try to find the next title but it seems to get lost. I can hear the motor moving the laser head back and forth but the unit never finds the next title. If I insert a disc with a single title and no navigation menus it tracks without issue.

The problems described are not related to a single disc. Furthermore, they will occur on a disc during one playing and not occur again on another playing.

Since the unit is within the 1yr warranty period, I am wondering whether or not it has a know problem that can be fixed or if it needs to be sent in for repair/replacement.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a CH 300 Cyberhome (1/05) at a local Best Buy. I am from Germany living in the US and was so excited to see that I could watch my German movies...but so far I wasn't able to switch country codes..did read this site and did all the recommended things and nothing worked! HELP!!!!! When I try to push menu without DVD in tray...it shows "no disc"...any suggestions? Thanks!

kimsmith
Unregistered guest
I PURCHASED A CYBERHOME DVD RECORDER TWICE AND BOTH TIMES I HAD TO RETURN THEM BECAUSE THEY WOULD GET STUCK ON THE HOME PAGE AND THERE WAS NOTHING THAT I COULD DO TO GET THE PAGE FROM BEING UN-STUCK. WHEN I RETURNED IT THE BESTBUY REP. TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD RECEIVED A LOT OF RETURNS AND THAT THEY WERE "JUNK". I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY WERE STILL SELLING THEM WHEN THEY KNEW THIS. I WILL NEVER BUY CYBERHOME AGAIN--THEY ARE JUNK!!

Mareazzurro
Unregistered guest
Hello, this is my first time, and i want to know if the CH 300 Cyberhome plays dvd+r.
I would appreciate a response from you.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
So far I have had no problems at all with my cyberhome unit and it has accepted any and all disks I have put in it, DVD+r, DVD-R, DVD/RW, CD-R, CD+R, CD/RW. I bought 4 of them to give to my children and they also have had no problems. Only one of the four users has ever done anything to the unit or made any changes, the rest of us have used them exactly as they came from the factory. We live in various areas of the US.

Mareazzurro
Unregistered guest
Its there any trick for the 300 to get it to play dvd+r or rw?
My unit reads the discs but only display a folder menu and i can't get anything to play from there.

The dvd+r thata i got i got it at ebay

Unregistered guest
Don't know about anyone else but I just put the DVD+r disk in the Cyberhome, and it reads it. If there is more than one thing on the disk it will show the items, then all I do it move to the one I want to play and hit play on the remote. I have never done anything to the unit, made no changes, not fooled around with it at all and I have not had any problems.

Anonymous

I just bought a cyberhome ch-dvd300.
I want the hack to make it region free, to switch from region 1 to any reagion dvd.
Please help.

mareazzuro
Unregistered guest
Hy vampy i do that too, but as asoon i hit play it tells me press key play to last play.
I don't understand it.
Thanks for your quick response ^_^

Username: Witchldy

Post Number: 3
Not sure but think your problem is that the unit wants to pick up where it left off on last usage. What I do is just hit play a couple times until it goes back to area that shows movie I want to play. I know that sounds confusing, but it is easy, Have not had problem for awhile so can't remember exactly what I did, but as best I can remember, like I said I hit play a few times and all was fine. If problem continues or you don't understand what I said just let me know,

Vampy

Anonymous

OK, this has probably been posted a million times, but...

I bought a 300 a couple of weeks ago at Wal-Mart (I believe that the manufacturer date was May 2004) to replace my old Daewoo 5700. Not thinking, I matter of fact plugged it into the back of my VCR...and it played perfectly. So, no I go looking for a Macrovision hack and I think, "Hey, if this is Macrovision-enabled, it shouldn't be playing through my VCR without major problems." On a whim, I put the first disc of my Seinfeld Season 1 set...and copied it to VHS. It copied perfectly. I think I can boil this down into two possibilities:

1. The Seinfeld disks aren't encrypted (Not likely, as Nero wouldn't let me do a straight copy due to encryption).

2. This particular unit came to me without Macrovision enabled.

Anybody got a clue on this?

Anonymous

Hi, I need to buy a Cyberhome 300. Could you inform where I can find this product in Miami?
Thanks

Username: Witchldy

Post Number: 4
Try Best Buy 1st for better price, or WalMart, price is a few dollars more.

Vampy

Lance Parker
Unregistered guest
My CH-DVD 300 will skip on CD-R music CD's but play's regular cd's, I cleaned the lens with a q-tip and alcohol and still skips, whats wrong?

Guhan
Unregistered guest
Help! I bought a CH-DVD300S from BestBuy few months back. I use it in India now (PAL TV) and all dvd's, vcd's even jpegs are displayed in Black & White without color. Could someone please let me know how to get the color ? Is there some setting that I should change? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
O.k I give up. The thing is working just fine for the past couple of months, then nothing. No power. It's not the outlet, it's not the battery in the remote. On top of that I can't find the directions. Help! Woman with serious electronic issues.
Thanks!

zuke
Unregistered guest
Any fixes out there for this unusual problem? All of a sudden, no video at all through composite video jack but get black and white picture if I connect yellow (composite video) plug to Y (component video) jack. Sound remains through the composite jacks. Am hooking up to a VCR player, since RF modulator box no longer works for lack of composite video signal. Anyone recognize this problem? Thanks!

ShannonFla
Unregistered guest
OK. I've read this entire thread and see no mention from anyone of the problem I'm having.

I used the suggestion at top to convert to Region Free (0). (Thanks so much!) This appeared to work. (It was difficult to see as the picture on the TV screen was rolling top to bottom to entire time.) My Region 2 PAL will play both picture and sound; however the picture constantly rolls (top to bottom).

The only way to stop the rolling is to plug in a Region 1 NTSC. It continues to roll while it reads the DVD, but once it begins to PLAY the picture stops rolling and I am able to watch the Region 1 film.

Once I eject the Region 1 to play the Region 2 PAL DVD, the rolling begins again. The Region IS set to 0.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
need a user manual for a ch -dvd 300 progressive scan

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I bought one ch -dvd 320 in July 2004.
It worked fine till February.
Since then I cannot see DVDs using RCA output.
The connections from DVD player to TV set work now as below:
- From RCA output to RCA in TV : NOTHING.
When I unplug the video cable (yellow one) from RCA and plugged into Y (from progressive scan, component video out) it works OK. Can see/hear the movie/pictures/MP3 but the image is black and white (probably because of my old TV).
- from S-Video to Euroscart (with an S-Video -- Euroscart cable) : OK. Same comment: black and white image.
I'd like to use the RCA output as I did before February in order to see colors. Can you help with a suggestion?
Thanks in advance,

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to increase the dialogue volume on the CH-DVD 300s? I was watching the Matrix Reloaded and the booms are really loud whereas the dialogue is too faint.

I used to have a Panasonic DVD player which had a dialogue enhancer option. Any tricks or similar settings with the CH-DVD 300?

Unregistered guest
Similar problem to several I have read on here. I have a Cyberhome 300 and suddenly it has stopped playing all of my DVD's. For some reason it will play 2 of my DVD's but all of the others (which seem to be the same type of discs) either get me a message of "bad disc" or a never-ending display of "reading". Any ideas what causes this or how to correct it? I've tried resetting the system, setting to region free and everything else I've seen on here and still only have two DVD's out of a collection of about 50 that I can see! Hope someone has an answer!

ShannonFla
Unregistered guest
Finally! I've got the answer to my own question!

I plugged in a Region 1 DVD to stop the rolling picture long enough to...

Press Stop

Press Setup

---> to Video System

and change it back to NTSC (I had it set on Auto)

Then I removed the Region 1 DVD. Closed the empty tray. Pressed Menu, 1, 9 and Selected Region 2. Opened and Closed the empty tray.

Then opened it and put in a Region 2 DVD.

I'm now watching Clive Owen's Chancer UK TV Series 1, Episode 1.

I'm a very happy camper! :o)

ShannonFla
Unregistered guest
Now...I've spent the last 24 hours watching Region 2, Region 4, Region 0 and Region 1 films on my Cyberhome CH-300 player.

Here are my observations...

The machine is more than worth what i paid for it. The DVDs that I have purchased from on-line Retailers like Sanity.com in Australia or Amazon in the US and UK and from local retailers play with NO problem. Great picture and sound! One Set of 2 DVDs I bought from a UK seller on EBay who claimed the Set was "new" also plays wonderfully.

The only DVDs I've played that had problems with the picture skipping and jumping and the sound and picture not matching up, are in a DVD set I bought on EBay from a U.S. seller. I assumed they were simply "previously viewed". However, since these are the only DVDs having a problem on my Cyberhome player, I believe they are possibly "copies" and not factory originals.

I'm heading off to replace the DVDs that don't work with DVDs that will work from Amazon.co.uk so I can enjoy them too.

As for adjusting the audio volume higher with the Cyberhome.

I have found that the Cyberhome uses as it's highest or loudest setting whatever setting you choose as the volume ON THE TV. Thus you can set the volume "high" on the TV and use the Cyberhome remote to set it lower (or turn the volume down). That way you can then adjust it back to high as needed while watching your chosen film.

To my amazement, it works for me. I'm amazed because my TV is old and NOT a remote control TV...but I now can adjust the volume while I watch DVDs on my Cyberhome player. :o)

Happy viewing everyone!

Username: Dianad

Cyberhome 300 "Wrong Region" Message

It plays one Region 2 DVD but not another (Both are brand new, directly from France). I tried the suggestion above to open and close and then hit menu--but no menu will come up without a disc. (And, yes, I tried with both the remote and the button on the unit.) The "setup" screen will come up, but you can only program for the video output. HELP!!

ShannonFla
Unregistered guest
Dianadanski, Don't wait for a menu to come up. Menu is simply one of the buttons in the "sequence" of buttons you are pushing.

With the tray empty, open and close it.
Then immediately and with no hesitation between pressing them, press:

Menu 1 9

After you have pressed 9, you will see the Region selection option on your screen.

Unregistered guest
Meu DVD Cyber Home 300 nao esta lendo DVD de regiao 4. O que devo fazer.

troublezone
Unregistered guest
I just bought the CH-DVD 300 from Walmart the other day and am trying to make it zone free. I have followed the above instructions about MENU, 1, 9 however nothing happened?!?! I tried opening and closing the drawer on the machine, on the remote, unplugging... but no "zone menu" appears on the screen. Does anyone know why?

Thanks!!

Anonymous

to Wendel Jose Cardoso:

hey cara se liga, seu brasileiro safado, vai aprender ingles porra. tu nao viu que aqui eh forum em ingles, seu cabecao!!! deixa de ser ignorante e aprende a lingua mundial!

hey man get real, you brazilian prik, go learn english damn. did you realize that this forum is in english, ya big head!!! stop being ignorant and go learn the world's language!

brothers, cyberhome, well, i dont want to sound rude or mean, but cyberhome brand is a real piece of garbage. it runs for abour 6 months, then fails...

lemme tell you all, the miraculous magic on the LOW LOW price optical devices, like cd rom, dvd rom, dvd layer, bla bla, is that, they are not using RUBY's to set up the laser beam in the optical head, intead of that, (yes, to creat LASER beam, we need a tiny small piece of RUBY, that precious stone), they use plastic.

so after 6 months, the plactic gets overheated and then the laser beam gets freaked up, then stops working.

why?

because the laser beams gets out the standarts.

its milimetrical. tiny little, schriveled.

dig?

well here in south america we pay 52 dollars for this piece.

if you want to buy and resell it..then ok, but, its a real piece of GARBAGE.

Username: Chelton

Irvine, CA USA

My DVD-R Discs that I burned with DVD Shrink have been working great for months. Now all I get is "No Disc". I returned the player and got it replaced with a new one and have the same problem. I tested a DVD+R also burned with DVD Shrink which works fine. Store purchased DVD's also are working fine. Any idea as to how I can get it to recognize my DVD-R Disc's ? Please help.

Anonymous

Could anyone tell me where to get a manual for the cyberhome 300? I don't quite understand all that you can do with this dvd and we don't have a manual for it.

Thanks for your help.

Unregistered guest
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I WENT INTO SETTING AND I THINK THAT I CHANGED THE SETTING TO S- SOMETHING AND NOW THE PICUTRE IS STATIC BLK AND WHT. I WANT TO CHANGE IT BACK BECAUSE I CAN HEAR THE MOVIE BUT I CAN'T SEE IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM???????/

Username: Jjarms

Hollywood, Ca

i have the same problem. I changed a setting in the menu to s scan or something and lost my picture though i have sound. i've tried everything to reset it hold this , that...nothing works. have i fried the video output or something. UPDATE.power on. HOLD the Stop button in for 20sec. Screen will flash to cyberhome blue screen. This resets the system.
everything is working properly. Can the chdvd300 play mpegs????

Username: Mikemm

i try use the menu 1,9 and nothing happens....
i cant unlock my dvd ....
please someone help me?

Username: Louie

Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
ok really pissed but, I think I got my money's worth! Hd it for about 1 1/2 years. This baby played anything I'd throw at it except recently it stopped recognizing MP3 discs. I use NERO and created 3 different formats; cdr Data disc wtih MP3's, cdr mp3's , and dvd mp3 . after about 10 seconds or so of reading the machine shuts off. I went to a local radio shack with these discs and they all played on other inexpensive brands. Why all of a sudden is th eplayeer shutting down?

Anonymous

im loosing channels including all the adult channels and some ppv's and other regular channels im using pansat 2500a and my dish is pointed to dishnet can anyonetell me how to get this channels back?

Unregistered guest
I just burned a CD-RW with movie clips in quicktime (.movie) format, and tried to view them on my CH-DVD 300, but all it does is say Loading.../VCD 1.1/PCB OFF. How do I turn PCB on, or will that not fix the problem?

jd444
Unregistered guest
I have no problems playing dvds, but when I played one mpg, the player will speed up the video and some pixels get blocky...how can i fix this?

Unregistered guest
I have problems with my CyberHome CH-DVD 300. the Power won't turn on and the green light stays red. It wont do anything. The logo appears on the tv but that is it. I played a burned dvd of Robots for my son and after that it did not want to eject it. After I used the emergency eject button it did not work. What happened and what can I do to fix it?

Unregistered guest
I just got the 300 and it works fine, with one exception. I have one commercial dvd that doesn't play right. The audio is fine, but the video skips. I didn't see this problem addressed anywhere on this thread. Any ideas?

Peter Potamus
Unregistered guest
Recently I've noticed that my CH-DVD 300 started to make loud high frequency noise when playing DVDs (bought or rented ones). You simply can hear the disk spinning all the time even if the TV sound is high. Anybody knows what could I do to fix it? Thanks!

Ivan Jr
Unregistered guest
Hi there. Anyone there who is having trouble with macrovision when recording an original DVD to VHS for home use should sue the company.

I did this here in Brazil and I won the case. But the law things here don't pay the high prices as it is up there in the US.

The understanding from the judge here is that when I buy a DVD, I don't buy a piece of plastic. I buy the license of the movie to use it for home use and therefore I can make copy so that I have a backup copy (I'm a collector) in case something happens with my original because I have the rights for that. I paid for it! It must be clear that you're not going to do anything that involves money with it.

I learned that in France a lawsuit passed just like mine and it should work in other coutries as well. I don't know if it'll work in the USA, but it's worth a try.

Best regards to everyone.

Ivan JR
<BRAZIL>

Anonymous

After a year and about 15 DVDs my CH-DVD 320 died like many of these postings. The light turned green, but nothing would happen, including ejecting the DVD. I took the cover off and unplugged the four wire cable to check the voltage (a 5V pair and a 12V pair). This cable connects the first circuit board to the DVD player mechanism. When I plugged the cable back in the unit worked. As long as I keep continuous power to the DVD player it works. If it stops working I unplug the cable for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. I don't know why this works, but it does.

Anonymous

UR WRONG THATS THE PROBLEM

Username: Sharkieblayne

Springfield, New Jersey USA

REGION 2 JERKY, PICTURE ON MY NTSC TV.

I have a region 1 player and live in the US which makes my TV NTSC.
I did the menu 1, and 9 hack, and it did play all three of my region 2 DVDs with sound and color. My only problem is that the picture was extremely jerky. Is there any way to correct this? I tried playing around with several settings, but does anyone know an exact way to get rid of the jerky picture on region 2 discs?

Thanks a Million,

Dave

dvd girl
Unregistered guest
We just bought a Cyberhome DVD mini Player CH-DVD 320. After 10 minutes of use, the screen turned black and white. No matter what we tried the screen remained black and white. So finally we unplugged the unit from the wall, pressed the on / off button to release any power still left in the unit. Plugged the unit back in and turned it on. Thankfully it returned to the color screen. We will wait and see if this happens again. If it does we will be returning it for a different brand.

We hope this will help someone else facing a similar problem.

Unregistered guest
i played a dvd then an an mp3 cd, after that when i try to play a dvd it says bad disc or reads then displays a cd with quetion mark or either says bad disc, but vcd s and audio cds play well, what may the problem be, need help asap

IrratatedDave
Unregistered guest
I am having the same no power problem on the CH-DVD 300. I am measuring 5V on +5 but 19V on the +12 at the output of the power supply. When connected, I am seeing a pulsing voltage at the +5V measuring 1.0 -/+ .5V at 1Hz. I think the power supply board may have heated up too much and became damaged. I remember reading about this problem somewhere else. I contacted Tech Support after 13months with no problems and they want atleast 125.00 to start. Not going to happen when I paid 38.00. So, it is going to come down to using my bench supply to fake out (bypass) the onboard power suppy which may not be a switcher, and note any current draw on both feeds. Then remove the power supply and try to trace through the parts to find the issue. It looks like thety scratched off the part number of D8, a 3pin device with heat sink. Could be a simple regulator, fixed or adjustable. The overall power supply design looks like something from a college senior design, not too complicated. I will post my findings as I have read over 7 issues like this one hoping to find the answers and no one seems to know yet. If the bypassed power supply method works and I can't get the original onboard power supply to work, there is plenty of room in the box for (2"x7"x1.5") a custom one to build changing 120vac to 5vdc/12vdc. Before I sent this post, I finished the test. It is the power supply board. I used a spare ATX power supply instead of my HP bench. The ATX provided the standard PC voltages. I used a IDC header to join and match the polarity of the floppy drive power cable to the special molex style found in the DVD player. Hooked it up and the unit powers on... Now I have to fix the power supply board. I will keep you posted.

Dave

Lusform
Unregistered guest
I bought in June 2005 a Cyberhome DVD 300. The tip to make it free zone presented here (menu 1,9) doesn't work anymore. The menu will not appear without a disc in it. Any othr tips to make it free zone for these new models?

SmileKay
Unregistered guest
I bought a cyberhome CH DVD 300, and I have changed the region to free zone, "0". But still, when I put one india DVD into the tray, only folders show up, folder" Audio_TS", "Vedio_TS". No files at all. And the DVD can not be played at all.
Can somebody tell me how to solve this problem? And on the menu, the disk type is "NTSC", and can not been changed. Does this matter?

Unregistered guest
Lusform, i have the same problem, it is the same model but all the menus have changed. Now if you press "menu" wont do anything, and when you press a number (like 1, 9) appears a - in the screen for each number you input until they are 3, so maybe it has to be a new method or number to make it REGION FREE. Anyone has a clue on this? Please mail it if your so kind to edsapien@hotmail.com
This is a great player for the $36 USD i've payed. I got another older that works with the code "MENU 1,9"...

Madigan
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem with the CH DVD 300. I am trying to connect the Component Scan output to a high-def flatscreen TV made by Advent. When I select Component 1 input on the TV, the sound starts coming through from the DVD, but the screen just shows blue.

The guy at Best Buy said I need to change something on the menu of the DVD player to tell it that I want to output Component Scan, but how do I do this when I can't get any picture to come through to the TV (so I can't see the menu)?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Unregistered guest
If you are wondering why your DVD 300 can't play movies from overseas and yet someone said YES or thinking of bringing the player to overseas, etc. Here got the answer for you.

First of all, you have to set the player to the compatible TV system, NTSC or PAL to match your TV set. On the media/disc/movies itself, the recording can be in PAL or NTSC. In addition, each one has it own region code. For example, PAL region 1 and NTSC region 1 are different. These two systems have different sampling rates and it require a built-in converter in the player, where as the region codes are simply a passcode.

If you have bought a movies in asia, etc, it could be recorded in NTSC or PAL, associated with the region code. The region code is not an issue, simply change it to region 0 on you player. For example, if you have gotten a NTSC format, your DVD-300 is guaranteed to like it. If you would like your player to also play PAL disc/media, then you have to check your full model number at the back of your DVD player. Only the specific one that said DVD300MU support the pal. You don't need to be upset if you have any others kind and most of your movies is of NTSC format. The resolution on PAL format is slight higher than NTSC. Is a benefit if you watch a PAL movies. It does a conversion for NTSC movies and therefore lost resolution in this case. On the other hand if your player does not support PAL movies, there is not conversion need, always play in NTSC, so you enjoy a better quality picture/sound.

Brunswick
Unregistered guest
Hey.
I bought my CH DVD 300 last year for christmas. A problem was posed when I got a stereo too. I put them both near each other, the stereo and speakers on top of my entertainment centre, and my DVD player in a shelf compartment. I worked perfectly. Then, the other day, I moved my stereo around, and everything was fine. My DVD player worked. But then it just started not reading my discs (all region 1) and showing a disck and question mark sign. I moved my stereo to it's original position with no luck, unplug the player and plugged it back in. I'm consulting the manual now, and the only other thing I haven't done is take it apart. I've even tried it in other rooms of the house, away from the speakers. Help?

Anonymous

hi,
I have CHDVD 300. I was in the Menu and checking if I can play *.AVI files also in the DVD player. As I was doing something I accidently press some button and after that my Picture is just flickering. I am not able to reset anything. I have tried 10 sec press and hold of stop button also. But nothing is seems to be working. Please help me resetting this DVD player.

Unregistered guest
Anyone has the code for the new version of the DH-300 DVD? The MENU 1-9 doesnt work anymore, now its like your entering the password. Please, anyone?

CHUser
Unregistered guest
i have a movie DVD which works on my laptop but does not work on Cyberhome CH-300. Please suggest a solution. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Glibc

Post Number: 12
Question for IrratatedDave: did you ever fix that power supply problem? I'm having the same exact problem. I had noticed the power supply to the DVD seemed to be the same as a floppy drive but I'm not sure what you meant by " I used a IDC header to join and match the polarity of the floppy drive power cable".

Has anyone successfully fixed the power supply on one of these (and wouldn't mind guiding me through it)?

Thanks much,

Sacha

Bronze Member
Username: Glibc

Post Number: 13
anyone w/ the same problem (unit not powering on). This may be the solution you are looking for (worked for me)

Unregistered guest
Hi I'm looking for a code to unlock my sony dvd dvp-nc600 to a multi-regional. There's anyone who can help please Thank You.

Unregistered guest
I can't play DTS concerts on my CH 300 no sound only option I see in Audio is to set DTS to RAW or OFF doesn't matter what I pick it will not play sound. I have the Eagles Farewell tour 1 and it plays find in Powerdvd on my pc.

Is there a way to fix this on the CH 300. Maybe a site with updated bios features.

Unregistered guest
I am sure there is a way to find the code to set this DVD for a universal remote. The remote i am using is a 'comcast on demand custom 3-device universal remote control'. i was able to program the tv fine, but cyberhome codes were not listed. after attemping to use the 'searching for your code' mode for about 10 minutes, i felt like an idiot and went on the cyber home site where i saw that the DVD was not enabled for univeral remotes. does anyone know how to hack for the code, or any other remote codes that can replace the CH DVD 300S remote and use the same 650 nm wavelength? (which i assume has something to do with the code, though i am just the daughter of a computer whiz attempting to use her innate knowledge to fix technological problems lol). thanks everyone!

Username: Rlwl

I have a cyberhome cd-dvd 300 I went to set up and changed a setting to PAL. That was a mistakeand now I can not change it back. Can someone tell me how to change that seting?

Username: Suzee

I have a cyberhome cd-dvd 300 which was working fine but now displays only the message "loading" on the cyberhome home page on the tv screen. No dvd's will play. Any ideas how to fix this?

Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=377599#POST377599

Irrataded Dave - I am having the same power issue you are having. I am reading very high voltage on the +12V side. What was your final solution? Did you ever repair the original board? I don't feel it is worth paying to much to repair or spend to much time on as I only paid $28 for the player for my daughter last x-mas. Thanks Jim

Randy G
Unregistered guest
For those of you who have trouble with certain DVDs that won't play any sound, here's a workaround that MIGHT work. First throw in a DVD that does work, play a bit of the movie, then switch over to the disk that gives trouble. This "trick" has worked for me a few times. A example is the Criterion version of "Hard Boiled". Had to first throw in "The Hunted" to get it to play sound.

But I have this other problem which I have no solution. When I connect the player up using composite video, I only get sound out of one channel. Going back to S-Video, there is sound on both channels.

Unregistered guest
i have cyberhome portable dvd player LDV 7000 , it plays almost all the dvd movies except the ones i have converted from video to dvd , it just show a folder DVD- RTAV , and it wont play .. though i can play these dvds at my labtop .. any suggestion ? can anyone help

Unregistered guest
to Randy G
Thanks Dude! That was the one tip I have searched the net and groups for. Cyberhome, what a mess!

Unregistered guest
After 1 hour more or last playing a movie, the image freezes and I can't continue watch it. I did a lot of tricks but I had no results. Somebody can help me please. I am in Argentina and is impossible to get a representant of the brand.
Thank you a lot!

Peopleperson
Unregistered guest
THANK YOU SO MUCH DAVID!!! IT'S BEEN A YEAR BEFORE I ACTUALLY TRIED FIGURING OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY MACHINE!! THANKS TO YOU I CAN NOW WATCH MY DVDS.... THANKS AGAIN :D

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
my cheap cyberhome freezes if it is sitting near or on top of a heat source (IE. Amplifier) Also, these DVD players seemed to have been re-modeled a few times. I have two of them and the internal power supplu seems to be different in the two. I have also seen models with a built in AC switch on the back.

Unregistered guest
i have a cyberhome 320 which cannot read dvd comming from france . what can i do ? my screen doesn't show differents region .
i will be very happy if you can help me solved my problem .
thanks

Anonymous

SamIAm85,

I have the same issue regarding the remote control program code. When I did the 9-9-1 and spend *several* minutes cycling throught the codes I found one that kind of worked. The code 0698, the one for SAMPO, seemed to *work* for my unit. The power button works, but the play, pause, stop, ff, rev do not have their intended functions. The stop button seems to be the play/pause toggle, and two of the other buttons (I forget which as to me they are meaningless) are the slow ff and slow rev. If you find a better code that works let us know, but hope this helps.

Illinidrake2

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I purchased Cyberhome DVD player CH 300 in US BestBuy in December 2005. I live in India. Appreciate if you provide some information to make it work here in india. Looks like manual does not contain any information on how to make it region free. Pls send your reply to kmprasanna@hotmail.com. Thanks & Best wishes

Unregistered guest
One of my friend when came to India from US gifted me Cyber Home CH-300 DVD player.I used for 3 months then allof a sudden the unit stopped working like not able to read any Discs then I immdiately showed the unit to the local DVD player mechanic.The mechanic told me that the DEV Player lences got damaged and need replacement.I searched to buy the lences through out my region but unable to find .The Player contains "Duel Lence" .I tried to purchase them but no where found.
Now I need your help.Please let me know where can I buy the "Cyber Home CH DVD Lences."

Please let me know.My current location is INDIA.

Raghu

Unregistered guest
One of my friend when came to India from US gifted me Cyber Home CH-300 DVD player.I used for 3 months then allof a sudden the unit stopped working like not able to read any Discs then I immdiately showed the unit to the local DVD player mechanic.The mechanic told me that the DEV Player lences got damaged and need replacement.I searched to buy the lences through out my region but unable to find .The Player contains "Duel Lence" .I tried to purchase them but no where found.
Now I need your help.Please let me know where can I buy the "Cyber Home CH DVD Lences."

Raghu

Unregistered guest

Raghu

Unregistered guest

Raghu

Unregistered guest
One of my friend when came to India from US gifted me Cyber Home CH-300 DVD player.I used for 3 months then allof a sudden the unit stopped working like not able to read any Discs then I immdiately showed the unit to the local DVD player mechanic.The mechanic told me that the DVD Player lences got damaged and need replacement.I searched to buy the lences through out my region but unable to find .The Player contains "Duel Lence" .I tried to purchase them but no where found.

Raghu

Tomboy2
Unregistered guest
I just bought a CH300 from Best Buy. I am heading to germany with my Ntsc movies and hoping that they will play on a pal TV. Anyone confirm this as being correct?

Thanks for the help.

Loose Nut
Unregistered guest
I just purchased my second CH300 - the code for region adjustment is only slightly different - turn on player without a disk - let it 'load' - press menu+1+9 quickly. Do NOT have tray open. I just did this twice to be certain. I hope it helps.

For some of the reading/playing problems - many problems are comming from encoding, filing or format. The MP3 problem...do not put your MP3s in different files. Just put the songs on the disk...you will be able to use random and shuffle. As far as reading copied materiels...this system dies not like Nero too much. Keep your Nero formats to a minimal setting (ie: don't use animated buttons or the like). This will help some of those problems.

Tweak format settings or get a format converter (VCD Easy works nicely). Many formats apear the same but are not. Encoding mpeg's and the like to a DVD or VCD format can help many problems there, too.

Last thing - I too am having the player not working while it is showing the Cyberhome screen & the RED light is on...any word on a fix? Should I bury it? This is the reason I went today & purchased another.

Please Help
Unregistered guest
Please tell me that i am not alone here. But when i convert a AVI file to dvd( i make music videos) and burn them. and play them in my dvd player the are Full screen and not your noraml full screen but it looks like its zoomed in 2x. and i have the convert set it convert the avi to 720x480 16:9. But the dvd will play in my mothers dvd player which is a sanyo.

But when i backed up a dvd of mine to see if it was just the dvds. the dvd worked fine. it worked like i was playing the original..

So please if anyone can help me please help... email me at cyberpunk67@yahoo.com..

I have a Cyberhome 300s

Unregistered guest
I found this site during a search and it seems it may be the only one that can help me. I sent 6 DVD's to my grandchildren in Spain. They called and said they had to send them back as a message came on that said "not available in this region" What do I do, can I buy DVD's that will work in Spain? I hope you can help me, I don't know where else to go, or how to search for this problem.
Thank you,
DJ

Mikron
Unregistered guest
Menu-1-9 still works fine, I just did it for few of my German friends living in Florida. Trick is - DON'T WAIT for any Menu to come up!!! Press these buttons one after other immediately!!! Then this "submenu" will come up.

It is not legal for Cyberhome to provide any kind of info about this "hack" due to US copyrights laws. They simply can't do this.

I bought one unit for my family in Europe and it works perfect. Only thing you need to do in Europe is set "TV Output" in Setting to PAL. That is because they have PAL TV sets :-)

Now this is legal, because you can use any TV set you want, made anywhere in the world.

I bought my Cyberhome more than 2 years ago and I have to say, for that money it is a sweet deal. Still playing any region, DVDs made in Nero, also SVCDs and VCDs. MP3s too.

If it goes - I will just get another one...For that money...

Unregistered guest
I just bouth a Cyber Home CH-DVD 300 and I can't get color on my TV. Everything is playing well but in black and white. The only image output working is the "Y". Someone can help me about that ?

sean21
Unregistered guest
my belt for opining the disc tray keeps dry roting (craking and snaping). I have replaced it two times now. they dry rot in about a week. I need help badly! PLESE HELP ME!!!!

JohnS
Unregistered guest
Just bought a 300 from Fry's. It's a 300zg, bios 1A. Works fine, except the screen saver never kicks in when it's on pause, as the manual indicates it should. Anyone else have this issue?

I previously had a 300MR from BestBuy, Bios 02. The screensaver worked, but no random/shuffle for MP3's.

I'm not too upset - it only cost $25.

Biotechie
Unregistered guest
For people who want to see the manual and possibly print a new one

just a guy
Unregistered guest
Does anybody know if the "777070" hack works for the Cyberhome ch-300? The menu 1-9 doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I press the menu and the 1 and both times the invalid pops up as expected. I press the 9 and nothing happens whatsoever. So if anyone has a Region 2 DVD they can give the "777070" a test run with I'd appreciate it.

Unregistered guest
Ok. So i bought my CH-DVD 300 about 2 years ago give or take. Up unitl today its worked perfectly fine no complaints at all.I left it on for quite a while yesterday accidentally and when i noticed it had been on i felt the top and it was pretty warm, so i shut it off. This morning i went to turn it on to watch a movie and nothing. The red light didnt come on, the green light didnt come on, absolutely nothing. So i went to the back to the "AC Switch", turned it off, then back on, still nothing. Then i notcied when i turned it on there was a high pitched noise coming from the player and when i turned it off it stopped, Turned it on again, same thing. So im stuck here. I think it may have over heated and damaged it but its funny because ive left it on for almost 3 days before and it still worked fine. INFO PLEASE!!! reply or email me at "HeartsBleedBlack@GMail.com"

RLK3
Unregistered guest
I've just purchased A CH-300, secondhand, for about 30 bucks. Mw wife is Australian and we wanted to be able to watch both ntsc and pal dvds. After changing the region code to "0" it works fine, but I notice the pal dvds seem to jump slightly during viewing. Is this normal? I'm just glad to be able to view them but if there is a fix for this issue, I'd appreciate it. :-)

Groovy_Duck
Unregistered guest
I have just recently purchased a CH-DVD 300. I seem to be having a major problem with my backup dvds. It says it can play DVD-R, DVD+R, and just about everything else, yet when I try to play a backup, it doesnt work, it says something like "Bad Disc" Please Help!!!

Kartik_v1
Unregistered guest
I have a CyberHome CH DVD 300, which I purchased in the USA in 2004. It was working fine and was playing VCDs, Audio CDs and DVD's without any problem. On Friday, 2nd March 2006, it just stopped recognising any format except DVDs. I have tried to reset the player as per the instructions given in the manual for reseting the device if connected for the Component Video, but to no avail. It just does not recognise a VCD or a audio CD. It only plays a DVD. If I wish to play a VCD, which, all these 2 years it has played without any problem, it says "Insert Disc".

Please advise if there is a way reset/correct the device to the original setting

Username: Klim

Can't seem to find an answer to the no-color-problem. I have color on 1 tv, but if i plug my ch-dvd 300 into my other tv, it gives me a black and white image. The rest works fine. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Thanks a lot, Klim

Username: Andreliebmann

Brazil

I have a dvd cyberhome ch-dvd 300 and I don't know how to turn on the progressive scan. Please I need some help. Thanks a lot.

Username: Dostka

I've read through the posts here and have solutions for some of the problems listed:

The following are for those people who have their CH DVD-300 set in such a way that they cannot see anything on their TV screen. The directions will navigate you through the setup menu you cannot see if you follow them EXACTLY. The directions assume you've turned the power on both TV and DVD player.

I. CHANGE SETTING FROM "S-VIDEO" TO "COMPOSITE"
1. Press SETUP on your DVD player remote.
2. Press the green right arrow button once.
3. Press the green down arrow button twice.
4. Press the green right arrow button once.
5. Press the green down arrow button once.
6. Press ENTER.
At this point the picture should suddenly appear on your screen.

II. CHANGE SETTING FROM "COMPOSITE" TO "S-VIDEO"
Follow the steps above EXCEPT in step 5, press the green up arrow.

III. CHANGE SETTING FROM "PROGRESSIVE SCAN (P Scan)" TO "INTERLACE" (For those of you who can get a b&w picture by hooking your video cable to the Y jack, this is what you need to do)
1. Press SETUP.
2. Press green right arrow button once.
3. Press green down arrow button three times.
4. Press green right arrow button once.
5. Press green down arrow button once.
6. Press ENTER.

IV. CHANGE SETTING FROM "INTERLACE" TO "PROGRESSIVE SCAN (P Scan)"
Follow directions III above EXCEPT in step 5, press the green up arrow button once.

V. CHANGE SETTING FROM "PAL" TO "NTSC"
1. Press SETUP
2. Press green right arrow button once
3. Press green down arrow button once
4. Press green right arrow button once
5. Press green down arrow button twice
6. Press ENTER
At this point, if you had accidentally set to PAL and were seeing that flickering, rolling b&w image, it should now revert to normal.

Kartik_v1: The Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 has two laser lenses, one for playing DVD's and the other for playing CD's and CD-ROM's (VCD is a form of CD-ROM). It sounds like your unit's CD laser has failed. Your only options are to have it replaced, or to buy a new player.

For those having problems with DVD-R and DVD+R playback, I ask the following:

1. Can you play these DVD's on your computer? If so, go to the next question.

2. Have you placed a sticker label on the label side (such as the Memorex CD/DVD label Refills)? I recently found that DVD's I had so labeled would no longer work. As the glue on the label dries, the label contracts and causes the disk to ever-so-slightly warp. The laser reading the disks is so small and precise that the slightest warp will cause the beam to reflect incorrectly.

3. Have you tried using a different brand of blank DVD media? Some brands work better than others.

If none of these help, then I'm stumped.

For those looking for manuals, go to cyberhome.com, click on "Support Services", choose "DVD 300" in the drop down list of desktop players, and you'll go to a page that has a link that will allow you to download a PDF version of the manual.

Darlene: The reason your grandchildren in Spain could not view the DVD's you sent them was because those DVD's were Region 1, while Spain is Region 2. The only way for them to watch those DVD's is either they get a region free DVD player or make the one they have region free (have them go to videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php to see if region code hacks are available for their brand and model number).

Smile Kay: The reason you can't play that disk is because the one folder reads "Vedio_TS". It's misspelled. Your player is looking for the folder "Video_TS", and if it can't find it, it won't play the movie. If you can, copy the disk to your computer's hard drive, change "Vedio_TS" to "Video_TS", and burn it onto a blank DVD. It should work then.

I hope all of that is of some help.

Username: _friday_

I purchased the ch-dvd300 recently - did the region code bit, which worked. The next day, when I turned the player on, there was no picture whatsoever. Read through this forum and tried plugging the yellow RCA video cable into the green composite jack, and I got the screen in black and white. Tried a bunch of things, but still can't get picture when the RCA video cable is plugged in its jack. Solutions??

friday: It sounds as if your player is set for Progressive Scan (P.Scan) when it should be set for Interlaced. Press SETUP, scroll over to VIDEO, scroll down to SCAN MODE, and select INTERLACED. This is the setting you need to use if your hooking your player up to a TV, VCR or RF Modulator using RCA video and audio cables.

Post Number: 3
One more note to my long post above, in regards to those who say the "MENU, 1, 9" hack doesn't work. Before you start to do this hack, wait until the "No Disk" caption appears on your screen. If you try it while the player is still "Loading", the player will not respond to the remote.

Username: _friday_

Thanks Douglas, but that is one of the things I tried. Just exchanged it at BestBuy, this one works well for now =)

Post Number: 4
ADDENDUM TO THE INSTRUCTIONS I WROTE IN PREVIOUS POST:

Those instructions work for one of my players, the CH-DVD 300MU manufactured November 2004 with Bios:V0F. I have another player, CH-DVD 300ZH manufactured November 2005 with Bios: 17.4M. The SETUP functions on this player work differently, and here they are. Remember, for these instructions, the player must be on with no disk inserted.

I. TO RESET ALL SETTINGS TO FACTORY DEFAULTS:
1. Press SETUP
2. Press the green right arrow button three
times (This will bring it to the "Settings"
tab. Don't worry if you press more than
three times, as it will not go farther or
cycle back)
3. Press ENTER
4. Press green down arrow button 4 times (if
you press it more than four, don't worry; it
won't go past this lowest selection or cycle
back to the top).
5. Press ENTER
The player will reset itself to the default settings. In most cases, this will undo any accidental settings that prevent you from seeing anything on your TV screen.

II. TO CHANGE FROM "PAL" BACK TO "NTSC"
1. Press SETUP
2. Press green right arrow button once.
3. Press ENTER
4. Press green down arrow button once
5. Press ENTER
6. Press green up arrow button once.
7. Press ENTER. This will reset your output.
At this point you should be able to see your
screen again.
8. Press SETUP to exit.

III. CHANGE FROM "P. SCAN" TO "S-VIDEO" (FORMERLY "INTERLACE")
1. Press SETUP
2. Press green right arrow button once
3. Press ENTER
4. Press green down arrow button twice
5. Press ENTER
6. Press green up arrow button twice. (NOTE:
There are three selections here: "S-Video",
"YCrCb" and "P. Scan" I found that setting
it to either "S-Video" or "YCrCb" will allow
you to see the screen, but with "YCrCb" the
colors are muted and the aspect ratio is set
slightly off.)
7. Press ENTER. This will reset to "S-Video"
and automatically exit SETUP.

One of those three should help. Good luck.

One additional note: On this player, to set it for Region Free you:
1. Turn player on, make sure tray is empty and
closed.
2. Press MENU, 1, 9 on your remote.
3. A three line menu appears. The top is
Region and should be preset to 1. Press
ENTER until desired Region--0, for
instance--appears.
4. To exit this menu, press OPEN/CLOSE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts