HLP5063W Side Bar artifacts/lines

Username: Bobwen

NYC, NY United States

Post Number: 1
My Samsung HLP5063W, which I've had for 2 years and 2 months lately seems to be showing lines in the grey side bars my cable box puts on analog 4:3 content. These lines "go" with lines in the picture. I mean, say, during the news, if there's a crawler, or on screen graphic with boxes or bright lines in it, these lines are "reflected" in the grey side bars, though a bright on-screen line results in a matching dark line in the grey side bar. Any ideas? The lamp was recently replaced, as was the screen [liquid seepage from an overzealous cleaning lady with windex and a slow cloth] Any/all help or ideas is appreciated. Otherwise, my pic is fantastic.

Gold Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1018
Those are strange symptoms.
Is it present with all inputs? Off-air? DVD too?

Go into the setup in the menu and turn the bars black. Let us know what you see!

Username: Bobwen

NYC, NY United States

Post Number: 2
I know of no way to change the side bars to black in the cable box... I wish I did, because I hate the grey. If I switch the TV to either analog or S-video input, I get black side bars with no artifacts. It only occurs on the HD [RGB] input on non-HD channels, so to get "rid" of it, I must keep switching the input back to the regular line input for reg TV, then switch to the HD input for HD channels... an annoyance, but a "work-around." My cable box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us