Emerson ewd2202 dvd player - please help!

Username: Too_old

Post Number: 1
I have an Emerson ewd2202 vcr/dvd player...that works fine, except when I try to play DVD-/+R disks that I have recorded on my brand new Samsung DVD/VHS Recorder. The disks work fine on the unit that I have recorded them on, but I get an error message on the Emerson player saying: "Disc Error: Playback feature may not be available on this disk. Please eject the disk." Now, please be gentle with me, I am so stupid about all this stuff. THANKS in advance for your time. Lynn

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3210
Finalize the discs.

Post Number: 2
THANKS David, but the recorder automatically finalizes the disk when it's done recording. Any other options? Lynn

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3212
Writing the info to the disc and finalizing isn't the same thing. The discs need to be finalized to play in other players.

Post Number: 3
Oh my gosh! I told you I was clueless! I "thought" the disk was being finalized at the end of the recording, because it says "Please wait while the disk is updated". I thought about what you said, then picked up the manual again & right there it was... instructions on Finalizing the disk! I did it & it works perfectly!! Thank you so very much for your help & patience! Lynn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us