New 27" LCD...speaker help...thx.

Username: Unhuskersfan1

MN United States

Post Number: 1
Hello all, newbie here, both to the forum and to HDTV's. I bought an 'intro' HDTV, a 27" Digimate. I have it hooked up, and it looks pretty good, but I'm trying to get my woofer to work with the TV, but I'm not having any luck. The speakers were an extra for my Dell computer, and I was hoping I could use them through my tv?!?! From the sub, there is three wires coming from the main plug, two going to small speakers, and one that hooks up to the computer, with a standard male computer end. On the TV itself, there is a 'PC audio in' plug which I tried, but I get nothing but fuz. There is a sub plug, so even if I tried to use only the sub itself w/o the two speakers, the two ends are different. I hope that made sense. Any help would be much appreciated. Chad

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12342
Check your TV for RCA audio outputs. They are usually color coded red and white and usually labeled "Audio Out". You will need this outputs to connect to your computer's speakers. I am assuming that you have powered speakers, so you will need a ministereo to RCA plug adapter. You will then connect this to your TV's output, plug in your computer speakers and you should be in business.

The PC Audio In of your TV is for external sources utilizing your TV's speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12343
And you will also need RCA cables to connect the audio output of your TV to the mini stereo to RCA adapter.

Username: Unhuskersfan1

MN United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys! I'll give 'er a go and let you know how it goes.

Take care,

Chad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us