DVDR with record-pause and little to no delay?

Username: Edzzz

Post Number: 1
Hi all. New member here and I've done some searches of prior posts, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've had a Samsung DVDR (not sure about the model) for about a year and it croaked this weekend. I ran to Best Buy (I know, I know, but I wanted one NOW) and picked up a Sony DVDR (again, not sure about the model, at work right now). When I hooked it up, I was disappointed to find that there was no way to pause while recording without creating a new "title" file on the DVD, meaning that during playback, there would be about a 1 second delay from one title to the next. On my Samsung, I could pause and continue recording seamlessly (and I record a lot of TV to DVD, so this is essential). I also found that on the Sony, there is about a 2 second delay from the moment you press Record to the time the DVDR actually starts recording.

Can you guys lead me in the direction of a DVDR that allows you to pause while recording (without creating a new title) and one that also has very little delay after pressing Record?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us