Picture is Blue using component cables

Username: Kmgt

Post Number: 1
Hi,
We just purchased a 40" Samsung LCD 1080p Flat Screen and component cables to hook up our dvd player. When we hook up the component cables from the dvd player to the tv the movies play in blue, everything is blue. When we use the regular yellow cable the picutre plays in the proper colour. Should we be using the component cables together with the yellow cable? I wouldn't think you need to but how do we get the proper colours using the component cables. The dvd player is a Phillips and is not an HD dvd player, would this have anything to do with it?
Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Hodedofome

TX USA

Post Number: 12
Most likely you have not connected the cables correctly. Double check that you have connected each color in it's proper "port" and the cables are pushed in all the way. Just one cable that's slightly loose can create the situation you describe.

Post Number: 2
No that is not the problem, we have done that at least three times already. I am wondering if there is a setting that I should change that I am overlooking in the Samsung menu.

Bronze Member
Username: Hodedofome

TX USA

Post Number: 14
Well, then perhaps each input has it's own settings saved in the menu. You can try going into the menu on the tv, then look for color or something like that and adjust the individual colors. I'm pretty sure your tv will allow you to adjust red, blue and green.

Post Number: 3
Well I found the problem. It is most likely my DVD player. When I hooked up the Sony DVD player everything was in colour with the component cables!!

Thanks for your help!!!
Katherine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us