Samsung HL-S5086W Color Problem (no red!!!)

Username: Ajd6c8

Post Number: 1
Sometimes, on some inputs, my tv wont give me Red. It happened once on my component input #2 which I had my Playstation 2 component cables hooked in to. I cycled through the source inputs and like magic, the red came back.

This time it is my damn PC input. Only now, I can't fix it - nothing i do brings the Red channel back. I know it is the same damn problem (and not a PC issue) because when I run the NVidia calibration RGB tool, the Red bar is BLACK. LAME.

Anyone have any similar experience or issues?

I just bought this damn thing 3 weeks ago from CC (i know, i know, before you yell at me for not getting the '87, i got this for $1100). HELP!

Thanks,
Anthony

Speaking of which, when i was shopping tv's, i distinctly remember CC and others adverstising the '86 as "up to 1080i". Now all of a sudden, it's labeled as just 720p. In the stores, on the web, etc. What happened? I know it gets 1080i b/c i have DirecTV and the TV actually can cycle through 480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i, and they all look different. What's up with that?

Post Number: 2
FYI ~

Sometimes, on some inputs, my tv wont give me Red. It happened once on my component input #2 which I had my Playstation 2 component cables hooked in to. I cycled through the source inputs and like magic, the red came back.

This time it is my PC input. Only now, I can't fix it - nothing i do brings the Red channel back.

I just bought this tv 3 weeks ago from CC (i know, i know, before you yell at me for not getting the '87, i got this for $1100 which was actually in my price range).

From what I've read, the general consensus is that it is an analog board issue. Is this an issue that degrades over time? Is this an issue that is a difficult fix? Is this an issue that I should call to get serviced?

Thanks,
Anthony

Post Number: 3
shoot. I didn't mean to repost that here. Please someone delete this thread. Going to repost in existing thread. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us