Deleted chapters reappear once transferred to DVD (Sony RDRHX910)

Username: Bartholomew

Post Number: 1
Hi all, and Merry Christmas!

I have a Sony RDR-HX910 DVD/HDD recorder. PAL, Region 2, but made Region-free. I have had it for a few months but only now had the time to record all of my VHS tapes onto the HDD.

I edited shows and programs that had commercials in the middle, and so forth, but when I transferred them onto a DVD(+R) small bits reappeared. For example, when a commercial would come on I would insert a chapter mark, and do the same when the show was back on. That would create a chapter containing the entire commercial only, the next chapter being the show again. I would then delete that chapter and thus have a show without interruption, when playing back on the HDD, that is. Once I transfered the show to the DVD I would have maybe half a second or a second of the commercial beginning and then it would go over to the last half a second of the commercial (that was on just before the show continued), and THEN it would cut to the show again.

I do realise that the chapter marks I make are deleted once I transfer a title to a DVD. What I don't get it is how come what I don't see, what I thought I had deleted on the HDD, is there on the DVD? I checked the HDD title frame by frame, and those bits are not there. And yes, I am editing the original title, not a playlist. Am I editing incorrectly, am I missing something? I have also tried deleting the automated chapters that sometimes get it right with commercials and such if the transition is apparant enough, but the problem is the same.

Any help is really appreciated :-)

- Bartholomew
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us