Samsung LCD HDTV Shuts Off Automatically after 5 minutes

Username: The_degenerate

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased a Samsung LN-S3251D
32" Wide HDTV with Integrated ATSC TunerHDTV. Everytime I turn it on, it works fine, for a while. After approximately 5 minutes, it powers down, and does not turn back on immediately. It often takes a couple minutes to turn it back on, and I have to press the power button manually on the side of the tv. Has anyone experienced this with Samsung before, any does anyone have insight as to what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Username: Oakey25

London, ON Canada

Post Number: 3
Hello how are you? I'm experiencing the same problem with my 61 inch Samsung DLP HDTV and the service man came this week and he said he could see no problems but is ordering a new motor for my television set hope it works? I have no idea if this is what is causing your or my problem but that is what his answer was.

Good Luck I'll report back after he services the television.

Username: The_degenerate

Post Number: 3
a samsung tech came out and replaced the board. he didnt do any diagnostics, but just figured that might be the problem. he was right. it works fine now.

Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 4
Lucky you can get 5 minutes out of it before it shuts down. Numerous purchasers indicate Samsungs are duds right out of the box. My advice: get rid of it while you still can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us