Weird Picture Problems With New LCD...Help???

Username: Cfxtljz

Post Number: 1
I recently got a new 46" Sharp LC-46D62U. Having just set it up, I'm having some serious picture issues. The picture quality is terrible, far worse than any cheap, big-tube TV. The picture is really blurry, a little grainy in a sense, next to no detail shows up (can't even read certain things), dark colors kind of "blend" together, very pixilated and distorted around the edges of nearly all images and writing. Aside from these picture issues, the TV keeps fluctuating from dark to lights every couple of seconds, quickly becoming very dark, then slowly becoming brighter. When you get up close to the image, it really becomes even worse, resembling very distorted pointilism looking imiges.

I honestly know very little about TVs, so I'm hoping this is something easily fixable. I set it up as with any regular TV: 75 ohm cable running to my digital cable box. I've tried all of the different inputs, to no effect.

Any clues?

Thanks, and sorry for the rambling.

Username: Adjah

Albuquerque, NM USA

Post Number: 4
I have had similar problems with my LCD. The weird thing is the HD channels look great but the standard channels look fuzzy. I don't have colors blending together but the picture just isn't sharp on any non-HD channel.

Are you able to use an all digital connection instead of the cable? (I upgraded to the digital HD receiver and now use HDMI connection from my satellite receiver to my LCD TV which has helped. But, it is still not great on SD channels).

I don't know if I really helped at all but if you get this figured out - let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 96
The problem is that the tuner that comes with these sets are bad for SD. The cable company offers better viewing if you get their Motorola DCT 6214 Phase III Dual Tuner DVR HDTV HDMI Digital Cable Box. This would allow you to record in HD as well as SD.

You have to make sure that the set you get has some sort of Pixel clean up engine. Take what I have is made my the Funai (Japanese Company) Sold under Emerson Brand. EWL3706 has CPE. What's CPE Clear Pixel Engine.

The engine processes all video signals including the external analogue input to produce a natural, sharper and clearer image, through edge enhancement, colour management, digital noise reduction, and improved contrast.

It's good to have a good picture, but what does it have to clear up the pixel and fuzzy problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 13
You need to watch only HD channels.... SD channels on a brilliant screen does nothing other than show you how shitty the signal really is/was. Did you check out how the TV looks on the HD channels....

Hopefully in a few more years, we are all in HD....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us