Tell me what to buy!

Username: Ia_chiefs_fan

Post Number: 4
I have a maximum $1825 budgeted. That amount must include tax and/or any shipping and a stand if necassary. I have a Best Buy, Wal-Mart & Sam's Club near. My preference would be Sam's Club because of their return policy. I can not spend a penny more than $1825 total so please don't suggest a tv just beyond that point. I want a wide screen. Size and picture quality are equally important to me. I currently have a 54" 4:3 that measures nearly 46" in actual width and my new tv needs to be at least this wide, or wider. The actual viewing psoition will be 10-12 feet away from the tv. This tv will likely be used for an average of 6-8 hours per day. It does not need to have a built in HD tuner. It will be connected to a Directv HD DVR with DVI & HDMI connections. The Directv receiver model is HR10-250. I just bought a new home and a new car and this is a MUCH more difficult decision! So much conflicting information and I just can't decide. Please help and thank you!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 114
No specific model recommendations, just stick with Samsung or Mitsu and avoid RCA like the Black Hole of Calcutta.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 81
I love the JVC myself. I have the 52", 720p model. The 56" is within your budget.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=19325746&search=hd56g787

Be careful on the DLP models. I was looking at them when I was shopping but was affected by the rainbow effect. Not everyone is but if you are it will drive you nuts. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us