Please help with Crummy LG DLP!

Username: Falzett

Post Number: 1
I have an LG DLP unit. It is only a year old and very lightly used. About a month ago, I went to turn it on, and the red light turned to yellow and then back to red again after a minute or so. I posted to an LG support line, and was told to take it in for service. I pulled the side panel off and removed the bulb thinking there might be a slight chance it was burned out. It looked brand new. I replaced the bulb and found the TV started up normally. Since then, I have to repeat this ritual about every other time I use the TV. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks

Username: Maildavehenrycouk

Post Number: 1
The bulb doesnt burn out, it seems to have a useful life of between 1000 and 8000 hours judging by the hundreds of complaints I have recently seen via google.there are hundreds of dissatisfied customers (me included) who are either having to scrap a £1200 tv or spend between £250 and £350 on a new bulb after 12 to 24 months of normal viewing.LG support will not give out any information to help me, only referring me to a registered repairer. I have purchased a new bulb and fitted it (£239.00)without a new balast resistor and also managed to reset the lamp hours (curtesy of a google tip). LG told me only a registered LG engineer could reset the lamp hours. I did it in about 20 seconds without the £65.00 engineers special remote.email me for solution.All worked fine, but again from google, it seems I can expect the ballast go some time in the near future. I will never ever buy any LG product ever again due to their lack of compassion or support, although I suspect that this issue of lamp life is an issue with other DLP manufacturers.The people who supplied the TV (TV + Video direct)were very helpful and sympathetic.}}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us