Vizio GV42L 42" LCD TV settings?

Username: Gspin2k1

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone;
I just bought the Vizio 42" LCD TV from Costco the other day. So far it seems pretty good, but from what I understand it needs a good adjustment to see what the TV is really capable of. So just need some help on what kind've adjustments to the video settings people have done for HDTV and/or movies..because the standard setting modes are pretty horrible. Also I just got my Comcast HD box today and hooked it up with the component cables given to me, however, when I go to the Component channel...the picture is in full color (so I know the cables are connected). However, it still says resolution 480i, even when it's on a HDTV channel. Is this just how it is, or is there some setting on the tv and/or cable box I need to change to get 1080i resolution. Thanks a bunch.
~Gavin

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 88
This really doesnt have anything to do with your question but i was thinking about getting a Vizio as well, and i dont really know anything about the whole HDTV but i have comcast too and i was wondering does it cost to get HDTV or what all do you have to do/get? I have know idea how the whole thing works

Username: Gspin2k1

Post Number: 2
You just call up comcast and either switch your your current cable box for an HD one, or you start renting the new HD one..if you already had a cable box and need an hd one..it'll be an additional $5 amonth to what ur paying now, and they'll give u a new remote and component cables to set it up. or u can pay 16 bucks and have a pro do it (if your somewhat tech savvy it's pretty unnecessary).
~G

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 91
Alright thanks. How do you like the Vizio i heard alot of good things about it but i have heard some bad things recently

Username: Datman

Post Number: 10
I have the GV42L and I love it. Yes, there are better tvs out there but nothing close to the Vizio's price IMO.

Go to CNET.com. They have a review of the GV42 and they provide the settings they came up with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us