JVC HD52FA97 DLP HD TV

Username: Fkc

Oro Valley, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
I'm considering purchase of a JVC HD52FA97. Anyone have any experience with this model? Repairs, problems, etc?

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 74
Fred,

First of all, the JVC is not a DLP. It is a DILA set which is liquid crystal on silicone (LCoS) technology.

There were problems with the first generations of the JVC sets but overall JVC seemed to respond well to the problems. I'm reading far fewer reports about this third generation set. Some owners have reported and experienced a high lamp failure rate (lamps frying long before the 6,000 hour mark) but those reports seem to be tailing off as well.

I have owned a 52G series (second generation, 720p) for 14 months after owning the 52Z series for a year before that. I had some problems with the 52Z that JVC took care of. The 52G has worked flawlessly since I got it.

I think the JVC's picture quality is unmatched at this price level.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 48
Fred, read the other thread and look at all the problems. One guy just bought a set and is not happy. Bob

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 75
Bob,

If you read that posting it is because he is using analog cable to drive the set!!! A set can only perform as good as the video source allows. An analog cable source provides 240 lines of information. That is 1/3 of the information that is optimal for the 720p and 1/4 of the information that is optimal for the 1080p. I'm sorry but you can't blame the set and manufacturer for the shortcomings of the video source. If analog cable is all you are going to use then don't buy this set. I will agree with that. If you are going with digital HD cable or HD satellite then this set is a great choice in my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us