TV Troubles - Magnavox 6P5441

Username: Rainwind

Post Number: 1
My fiance's father had one of these old magnavox TVs lying around and told me I could have it. He said that he thinks the issue is a fuse. The issue he was having is that occasionally the TV would go out, and the repair man would come out and have it working in about 10 minutes. The issue kept re-occuring and he finally replaced it.

So now its in my posession and I wanted to get it working again. I'm unable to get any manuals for this, and magnavox has no documentation at all for this model. When I plugged the set in I heard what I believe to be the sound of a fuse popping, but I'm unable to locate any blown fuses. There's only one fuse that I can find, and it isn't blown. When you push the power button the light comes on and you can hear it start to power up along with a click, then the light goes off. I've examined both boards for damaged components but everything looks to be in good condition.

Does anyone have any experience with magnavox projections tvs? Its a 1996 TV. If anyone can dig up a service manual or pictures of the main board that would be great. Any tips on where I should begin my search for a faulty component would be useful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us