IC Adjusted Convergence EEPROM or amplifier

Username: Ehaddix

Post Number: 1
My Panasonic PT-53WX42F blue adjustment does not respond. I do not know if I need the IC or amplifier. There are two IC's listed for my unit, do I need both or is there just one applicable? Can they be installed easily or is delicate soldering and heat sinking required?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 36
There are a pair of STK series output ICs that fail. One is for the blue and the other for the red. You will need solder wick to de-solder them. When your done you will need a alignment DVD and know how to do the service adjustments. If you've never done any electrical soldering before, it might be a good idea to have pro do it.

Username: Jonathan_kim

Germantown, Md Usa

Post Number: 1
Steve,

I have PT-53WX52F and have a similar blue convergence problem. I have the service manual and followed the service adjustments to no avail - I cannot get the blue to fill the screen. I am thinking that I need the signal processing board (TNP2AH035S) replaced but it costs about $500! So, I am hoping that I can get the problem fixed by replacing the STK series output ICs you mentioned. Are they on the blue driver board?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 75
Nope, not on the driver board and their shouldn't be on the signal board. They are usually on their own board. I'm not familiar with your set, so I can't tell you exactly where they are. Look for a matched set (3) of heat sinks. The outputs will have a clamp bar across them, so you can't see the part #s. If your still at a loss, PM me some pictures of the chassis.

Username: Jonathan_kim

Germantown, Md Usa

Post Number: 2
OK, thanks. I ordered the parts from Electronix Corp. I will let you know how it works out once I get the ICs replaced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us