Compare digital video stabilizers

Username: Sbgrimes

USA

Post Number: 1
Hello --

I have learned a lot from this board, but this is my first question. Like many others, I am trying to copy my own personal VHS library to DVDs and have hit the copy-protection issue. I read here that I need to purchase a digital stabilizer.

There is a lot of confusing advertising information out there, but one post I read here was that if I only want to copy VHS to DVD (all I want at this point) I only need a $20 box that is powered by a 9v battery. I have no idea how to go about finding one of these. Most I have seen are over $45 with shipping.

Could you please list some brand names, or better yet, websites where I might find some of these? Help, I have a 4 year old who is playing the life out of my 10 year old's Disney VHS collection, and if I don't do something quickly, I am going to lose all of them (have already lost at least 10).

If this question has already been answered somewhere on this site, forgive me -- please point me where I need to read.

Thanks for all your knowledge!
Sara

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 82
Radio Shack

USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your answer, Tipstir.

I went to the Radio Shack website and can't find anything searching for "digital video stabilizer" or "digital video enhancer". What should I search for? What is the exact name of this item? Would they have it at my local Radio Shack or is this a mail order sort of item?

Thanks,
Sara

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Video Amp you can input one video or s-video with stereo left and right into 4 outputs.. Price was $39 but I think it's higher. You'll need to go to the Radio Shack store, I'll post a image if I can find one..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Note, this might work for you or not, it depends on what your using it with. Hint: Older VHS VCR Hi-Fi 4-Heads. Don't know about anything newer. Try it? If it doesn't work return it to RS.

USA

Post Number: 3
Radio Shack won't help me, they look at me like I have three heads or something. Looks like this is something I am going to have to purchase online. Suggestions? None of the "name brand" stores carry anything called "video stabilizer" or "video enhancer" or "video converter" or "video duplicator". Can I trust things sold on ebay?

Thanks again!
Sara

Username: Final

Post Number: 2
Do they sell any of these Stabilizer's at Best Buy, Wal-mart, Radio Shack type stores? Because i am also looking for one but i don't have a bank card or anything to fool with trying to buy them on-line.

USA

Post Number: 4
Hello --

I finally received my Grex in today's mail. I was dismayed to find it came with no directions, only a power cord and meager packaging (hope it wasn't damaged in transit). There are no connection cords, and even though I have printed off the connection diagrams, I cannot tell how to do it or even which cords to go purchase.

Can someone help me make a determination about which type of Video Connection I actually have: Composite, S-Video or Component? Also, what is the extra output called "Simultaneous Composite Video Output" and where does it plug into my recording dvd machine?

Sorry for so many questions, but this thing cost me nearly $100 and I would like it to work.

I didn't get one of the ones that is powered by a battery, because they all cost about $65 after shipping, and I thought I read on the Grex website that this one would allow me to record off of my DISH Satellite which would be nice once I finish recording all my old VHS tapes. Eventually, I will need help with that connection, too.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Sara
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us