My dvd+r will play on laptop but won't load in recorder

Username: Nedda

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone-

I used my liteon 5005 to record our 8mm tapes to dvd+r. I recorded til i ran out of space, titled it, then finalized it. Then I took the dvd out of the recorder and put it back in to see if it would play.

*it would NOT load. It would not load in the recorder that made it!? It just kept trying and trying to load. I had to turn the power off to the recorder and turn it back on and quickly push open in order to get the dvd out.

My huband took the dvde and popped it into his laptop and it played. I'm confused to why it will work in his laptop and not load on my player/recorder.

My liteon 5005 will load regular movie dvds and will load my new dvd+r's, but will not load the ones i just recorded and finalized?

I wanted to send out some old family video on dvd for xmas, but i'm worried that it will be a waste of time and the tapes might night play in their dvd players. So, i'm waiting to see if you all might know what i'm doing wrong. :-(

any thoughts??????

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks ~ Nedda

ps - my liteon can recored all types of dvd (r,-r, rw,etc)

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 91
Don't finalize it...

You have to remember don't finalize it next time. Yes you have to use DVD+R for regular DVD Players that people buy at Wal-mart an etc.. But certain DVD Players are fusy and you need to find out which ones are not. Like Philips will play anything you put in, Toshiba DVD Players won't do that they just don't play right. DL (dual layer is another problem)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us