Samsung HLP5063W Component Input Color Problems

Username: Tiremeltingrsx

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLP5063W DLP Tv. One of my sets of component inputs doesn't work at all, the second set I get only green/red color, the blue isn't working at all. When I switch to regular tv or use the DVI input the colors are fine, so I have determined (with the help of this board) that it's something with the main analog board.

Can anyone confirm if BP94-02140N is the right part number for the board, and maybe where I could get it? Also, how hard would it be to replace this myself? Is it just a simple screw in/out install or is there sodering/wiring etc that has to be run? It's 8 days out of warranty and neither Samsung or Circuit City will cover the repair, so I'm hoping to get it fixed as cheap as I can.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 2
Update: Now I'm just getting black and white, no colors at all on the component input, the other inputs are still fine.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1194
Kevin, not to be too simplistic here, but have you tried a different set of component cables? Before you contemplate major surgery on this TV you should eliminate the possibility of defective interconnects.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 3
Unfortunately I have tried. I have the problem with both my HD cable box and with my xbox. They use different component cables. I at first thought it was the cable box (long story, I hate comcast) but I get the same black/white images with the xbox hooked up.

Thanks though, I do like to fix things and often get ahead of myself!

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 939
Kevin,

The 63 is known for analog board issues. I'm amazed that you have a picture at all. They usually go dark leaving you with only the DVI and the internal tuner. Yes, I think that's the part number, but check with a certified Samsung tech shop to be sure. You really should call 1-800 Samsung if you are the original owner and get past the first two support levels to see if they will cover the repair. They have been known to take care of original owners out of warranty.

Best regards!

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 4
Alright, I've called a few repair shops around here, they're all in the $400+ neighborhood + part to fix the TV. For that price I might as well save up and get a new HLP5087.

I think I'm going to order the part from Samsung ($179.13) and install it myself. I think I'll take it apart first to see if I can install a new one myself... but anyone have any guides/hints/tool list etc?

Thanks!

Username: Thawken

Kevin,

I also have the same issue you are having on a HLP4663W. The stupid monster cables I was using are way too tight and most likely caused this issue. I was thinking about doing the same thing you are (buying the part and replacing myself) because local repair places are telling me $400 as well. If you figure out how to replace this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 5
Will do, I have to wait until next Friday when I get paid to order the part, but then I'm going to dive right in haha.

I'll let you know, and take pics if it's not too hard to do while replacing it.

Kev

Username: Playadelwes

Same problems with board on same model. Please post how the fix goes once you get the part. I will do the same once you have good success.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 6
Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet. Have to see what I spend on Christmas before I can order the board... otherwise it will have to wait until next week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us