MITSUBISHI REPEAR ADVICE NEEDED

Username: Xtranaut

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 3
My Mitsubishi WS55859 big screen HD is the best I have ever owned. I have had it for three years. Bought it in DC..moved to Florida..no problems..moved from Florida to Tennessee and Allied dropped it.

I called SEARS repair service. They charge 100. for a service call. The tech said he fixed it and charged me another 100. He said it was a loose board from being dropped.

It played for a day then went back into rows of green and red boxed lines moving through the screen. Weird thing is that if I GO TO menu, i CAN SEE A PERFECT PICTURE BEHIND THE MENU.}
The Tech explained something like the signal coming through "raw" before getting translated through to the screen. It did NOT make sense to me. I called them back out because SEARS has a 90 day warranty on repairs (or at least their housecall) so it did not cost me to have them come a second time. The second time, the tech looked at the TV and told me the board was loose again which led him to believe that either the drop caused a warp where the board was mounted or the board had a crack in it.

For a mere 675.00, the "lab" would diagnose the boards and confirm that was the problem or not!!! This fee, or any portion of it, was not refundable if that truend out NOT to be the problem.

Is this just more "service robbery"? Where can I go to get honest, qualified service?

The insurance company paid me what the TV is worth today -- that was $1000. I bought a 57 inch Hitachi from Circuit City. I do not want to trash the MITS because it is a superior TV but I don't want to have to put twice as much in it as it is worth.

Suggestions????

Username: Stevestar99

Post Number: 6
Call an independent service company. Make a deal that if they can't fix it for a reasonable price, they keep the set. Most likely you have a cracked PCB. That's 2 cents of solder and a couple hours of bench time. This is something that's not going to be fixed in your house. Have them run it for a week before bring it back. Drop by the shop and have them show you the set running.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us