MITSU REPAIR ROBBERY??

Username: Xtranaut

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read all the unfortunate problems that occur in the course of normal use and wonder whetehr I should even put the money into reparing my Mitsubishi WS55859 }big screen HD. The TV is the best I have ever owned. I have owned it for three years. Bought it in DC..moved to Florida..no problems..moved to Tennessee and Allied dropped it. I called SEARS repair service. They charge 100. for a service call. The tech fixed it and charged me another 100. He said it was a loose board from them dropping it. It played for a day then went back into green and red line boxed line moving through the screen. Weird thing is that if I go to MENU, I can see the picture pervfectly behind it. The Rech explained something like the signal coming through "raw" before getting translated through to the screen. It did NOT make sense to me. I called them back out because SEARS hasa 90 day warranty on repairs (or at least their housecall)
so it did not cost me to have them come a second time. The second time, the tech looked at the TV and told me the board was loose again which led him to believe that either the drop caused a warp where the board was mounted or the board had a crack in it. For a mere $$$$675.00, the "lab" would diagnose the boards and confirm that was the problem or not!!! This fee, or any portion of it, was not refundable if that truend out NOT to be the problem. YOU DON'T EVEN PAY THAT FOR SERVICE ON A MERCEDE BENZ! What is up with that? What I am asking of those who have been there is : is this just more "service robbery" from those who don't have the techincal expertise to know any better??? The insurance company paid me what the TV is worth today -- that was $1000. I bought a 57 inch Hitachi from Circuit City. I do not want to trash the MITS because it is a superior TV but I don't want to have to put twice as much in it as it is worth.
Suggestions????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us