DVD player and video quality help!!!

Username: A_grewal

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Im new and been reading some of the threads in hopes of solving my problem. No luck. However, ive learned so much new info that my head feels like its about to explode. Anyways, i have a pioneer DV490V-S dvd player. It is a upconverting player with hdmi. I orginally bought hdmi wires but was unable to get 5.1 sound. so after getting frustrated with that i returned them n got component video cables. At first it made little help but when i realized i was supposed to change the settings on my dvd to player to progessive it made a difference in video uality. But the problem im having is that the picture looks very dotty. I dont get what the problem is. My 360 looks unbelievable with no issues like that. I have a 52" panasonic lcd hdtv.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 134
Im assuming its a rear projection LCD? How do movies look on your game console?

Im not familiar with that specific player but you can go into the video adjust menu and play with some of the settings may help. There may be a setting like black level. Also adjust the brightness.

Username: A_grewal

Post Number: 3
Its a rear projection LCD. DVDs using my 360 are pretty much the same as the 360 only upscales dvds to 480p. Ive tried changing the settings not much has helped though. Its little better but its really noticable in some scens which comopletly take u out of the movie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us