My Phillips DVDR 75 is killing me.

Username: Rocklinjohn

Post Number: 1
I've had my Phillips DVDR 75 for over a year. I've made a go at trying to hook it up three times. Now I'm serious. And I'm turning in my Man Card. I can't do it myself.
I have a Toshiba tube TV, Sony CD/DVD player & HT 6600DP surround sound reciever (SSR) pkg., and a Sony VCR.
1) My main problem is that the instructions say to hook the DVD recorder directly to the TV. If I do I have to disconnect the S-video from the SSR at the TV with no place else for it to go. I've hooked the DVDR directly to the tv and get no menu on screen. Can it go through the SSR, and if so where? Is there a piggyback s-video connector available? I've never been able to get the DVDR on-screen menu. I have been able to record and play back the sound portion with the video camera hoo directly to the front of the DVDR.
2) Is it better to use the component RGB hookups when available, or standard RWY hookups in the appropriate plugs?
3) I've connected my VCR to the SSR directly and I get sound but no picture. The video cable is connected. VCR works fine hooked directly to the TV.
I want to be able to record my old VCR tapes to DVD, and transfer hi-8 tapes to DVD. I'm embarrased and compromised. ...help...
Please tell me what information I need to provide. You really can't imagine how much I appreciate the help. Thanks. -john

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3133
Use component connections if possible. Connect the VCR to the DVD recorder with RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels until you get to the line inputs. You may have to select between composite/s-video input in the recorder menus. I've seen recorders like that before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us