Panasonic TH-58PX60U color problems

Username: Erikag

Post Number: 2
I just purchased my first Panasonic 58" plasma TV. The factory settings for color make people look greenish. I'm having trouble adjusting the color, maybe because there are too many possible things to change like brightness, color, tint, sharpness, warm vs cool, vivid vs normal, etc. I can't seem to get any red. Does anyone have experience with this model and can tell me what settings you put on your TV?

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 34
I dont have experience with this model. However--your color decoder may be off from the factory. First- try and get your white light correct, or at least check it. You may need a technician to assist. You want it to be close or on the D6500 standard.

Assuming white light is close to correct ( if white light is off color can never be accurate), then use a set up disk let AVIA or Digital Video Essentials that have those color wheels enclosed and run it. It will allow you to adjust the color settings. Panasonic displays have an advanced menu rthat allow adjustment of the color decoder. Please take a picture or write down the original settings before adjusting so you can get back to them if something goes awry. If you need to get a proessional calibrator to help you, be sure they are ISF certified and have a lot of experience and a good reputation- the true experst are few and far between. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us