DLP vs Plasma vs LCD confused ,help !!

Username: Krawdd

Post Number: 2
Greetings all,I hope all you guru's are not sick of this question,But I've been doing alot of reading on this subject and get more confused with each article I read.I've been an RCA owner for years have a 36" which I've never had a problem with,also 27" Sharp with no problems.Like everyone else I'm looking to move up to one of the big boys.I've checked out the RCA DLP Scenium (?) and the picture looks awesome,but all I see is horror stories about bulb replacement.Is this the major flaw in this set? Prices look reasonable (less then $1200 at circuitcity).I've also checked out the Sony LCD3's and the also look very nice,I'm just wondering what the problems are with these?
Looks like evey unit available is pretty much hit and miss,so I imagine that the service plans that most stores offer are a must ?? I've read alot of reviews on Circuitcity and Best Buy sites,but how believable are these.I'm thinking alot are written by the sales staff hoping to get you in to buy.

So burn ins,screen door efects,bulb replacement,noisy DLP wheels...does anyone have a set that they really enjoy and are without problems ?? I've even considered some of the RCA 50" CRT models.I'd really like to stay under $1500 for my unit,but I need some advice deciphering all this info.Thanks friends !!

Username: Stevestar99

Post Number: 4
Buy the 50 CRT. I'm a tech that refuses to service a DLP. I like my customers. I give them a full set 90 day warranty when I fix a unit. DLP is such crap, I won't get married to one of these tricking time bombs. Now that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree. Just remember, I won't take your call when your 2 month old DLP takes a dump.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us