Connecting/cabling problems

Username: Snaff

Post Number: 1
I'm having difficulties setting up my new tv, dvd rec & Sky
The problem is i cannot get a sky picture through the dvd recorder, i get sound, but no picture
My tv is a JVC AV 28E50SK (2 scarts)
DVD Recorder: LG DR7400 (2 scarts)
Sky: Pace receiver (2 scarts)

I believe the scarts etc are right, but i must be wrong

Please help,
thanks in advance, Richard

Username: Gmagic911x

Recently went to digital cable with a cable box. After being unsuccessful in connecting my Sansui VRDVD4005 DVD/VCR recorder to the cable box per the Sansui Owner's Manual, I had to get assistance from the cable provider. The "cable guy" has me up and running, but I can no longer use the recorder menu screen feature for setting up the various recorder functions such as timed recording, dubbing etc. The menu screen will appear on the TV screen after pressing the set up button, but no selections can be made. The "cable guy" connected the recorder's Audio L, Audio R and Video ports to the TV and the cable box is connected to the recorder via the UHF/VHF-In port. The only thing I can use the recorder remote for is playing VHS tapes and DVD's. If I want to record anything, it can only be the channel I'm watching and I have to manually press the button on the recorder. The "cable guy" suggested I contact Sansui for suggestions so that I can use the on screen programing feature. In the mean time, any suggestions to restore the recorder's menu functions would be appreciated.

Username: Gmagic911x

Post Number: 2
It was a simple case of setting the clock time. DUH!!

Username: Sylviaw

London, England United kingdom

I have just bought a Hiteker HE-520 DVD Recorder and are unable to connect it to my TV (Crown) via my Skydigi box. I can get sky on AV1 and the DVD on AV2 but not together so I can record what I am watching or anything for that matter. Have tried everyway I can think of to connect scart leads but nothing seems to work I would really aprreciate any advice thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us