Samsung DLP partial screen blur?

Username: Hazed_blue

Post Number: 1
This past weekend, I purchase a Samsung HL5687 DLP television. Currently I am very, very pleased with its performance.

However, I've noticed something that I'm not quite sure about. When I hooked up my computer to explore 1080p resoltion, I noticed that the right side of the screen was slightly blurry. I can read small text and such perfectly fine on the left side of the screen, but the right side is harder to read.

This seems to happen in 480p as well, though it is practically unnoticable by comparison. I'm not sure if it does it in 720p, as I have nothing to test it with. Right now I'm not sure if it's a PC input problem, a problem with my computer, or an issue with the television itself. Anyone have ideas?

Before anyone asks, the DNIe demo (the one where it only sharpens half the screen) is not activated. Full DNIe mode is on.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 914
Exchange the set!
Something isn't lined up right.

Post Number: 2
Well, I guess what I'll do is call up Samsung and tell them that I'll take them up on their offer to have a technician look at it.

I was looking at it again yesterday, and it really isn't that bad. However I noticed it, and now I can't really un-notice it. Everything is still under warrenty so I'm not worried. We'll see what the technician says and then I'll go from there I guess.

Post Number: 3
Update:

The technician came today. After looking at the screen, he said that it was a problem with the optical engine. The parts will be ordered, and then the repairs will be done next week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us