Sony DGH HDD250 - "No Signal"

Username: Markv123

Post Number: 1
These Sony DVRs are interesting units (when they work). Mine seemed to be having a good run, when it suddenly lost its ability to tune RCN cable signals. It has historically had trouble getting sufficient cable signal strength, so I put a cable card into my plasma TV too. That way I know if RCN is at least sending the signal to my house. A couple of days ago, the Sony DVR displayed "Now tuning..." then lost its ability to tune every channel. "No signal" is the error message. Though I'm sure the signal works, since comes to my house on a single line, then goes to both my TV and Sony DVR unit via a shared splitter (yes, i've even tested the splitter). Just stopped working last week, after a few months of operation? Anyone getting this problem?

Username: Markv123

Post Number: 2
Answered my own question.

In case anyone else is having this problem...I talked with Sony and they instructed me to return it to them for repair. I'm guessing this is a manufacturing problem.

This is the second product that I've had to send back to Sony for repair in recent months (brand new DVD player wouldn't eject DVDs, and sometimes did not recognize discs at all). Troubling sign of poor quality control.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us