HDMI Problems-suggestions?

Username: Fivealive

Post Number: 3
Help. I have a problem. I have a toshi DLP and for the past two years I've used a LG DVD player that upconverted to 720-1080 via components. yes it's true.
It quit on me and I now realize there are no more players on the market that upconvert to 720/1080 via components. Ok that's fine. So I got a new Pioneer player and HDMI cable. Worked fine via the HDMI input for a couple days then the screen goes black. Can't use HDMI connection -- only component. But of course, no 720.
Figuring its the DVD, I took it back and got a panny recorder. Worked fine for a couple viewing on HDMI and after a day, same thing: screen goes black. Can't even see the DVD menu. again, it works through components. I have to unplug my DVD player and then HDMI comes back on--sometimes.
I've heard of isses with 1st Gen HDMI ports (which my TV has I think) not working properly with new HDMI versions on DVD players. Any suggestions?

On a side note, watching DVDs with components isn't too bad. Better than I thought. I think because my TVs native resolution of 720p is actaully upscaling the DVD now? If that's the case, I might not fret so much about the problemtaic HDMI.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 74
i think you already got it right, it sounds like a problem with the HDMI port on the TV. i would just use the component video inputs and set the player to progressive scan.

Username: Fivealive

Post Number: 4
by progressive you mean 480p, right? will my TV boost it to 720P since its native is 720? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us