DVD Video Problems

Username: Ccummins

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Hoping for some help. I just got a new DVD player and m having trouble getting video, Now, I previously had a DVD/VCR combo and it worked just fine.

My setup is as follows.

Cable comes in via coax where it is split between my Tivo and my Motorola Comcast DVR. Tivo is just hooked up via coax to my TV and not involved in the DVD player. My DVR is hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable. The TV and DVD player are only hooked up with the red and white audio cables. Now, with my old VCR/DVD combo I had it hooked up to the DVR with the white/yellow and red cables. Not sure what they are called, but not component cables. On my new DVD player there does not even seem a place to put these. I do have a place to put component cables on my new DVD player if that will help.

So, anyone help? I get the audio just fine, just no picture!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3079
The components are what you should be using, it's the only way to use progressive scan. Connect the player straight to the component input on the TV. You still need RCAs for audio.

Username: Shawns69net

Post Number: 1
I've made copies of some DVD movies and they've played fine. But lately I've played some of these movies and I'm getting skips & pixel squares. It does it with my main JVC DVD player, so I thought it might be going bad. I took the disk and put it in my daughter's portable DVD player and after about A½ hour it does the same thing. My question is ... Can DVD copies wear out if they are played too much? ' or ' Is there a problem with my players?

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_man

Post Number: 52
if they have problems on other machines, then its down to how you mastered the discs in the first place / quality of discs. As a general rule, you should never use high speed media / copy options if you want good compatability / quality in playback on domestic decks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us