Need advice on Sony Plasma

Username: Mattdynes

Ajax, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Found this site and it seems to be a wealth of knowledge so I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 32 inch Sony Plasma screen, model KE-32TS2, that is approximately 4 years old. It hadn't given me any problems until a few days ago when after about 20 minutes of use it made this REALLY LOUD bang, a large white flash came out of the back and top of the screen and it died. Then about 10 seconds later the audio returned so my tuner is ok but no video. The normally green power LED stays green (solid)so that appears normal. Before I took the back panels off it had spread a fine light gray dust over the inside of the TV and blew it outside as well. I was hoping for a blown capacitor but nothing. I never had any burnt smell like you usually get from bad electrical components frying just a lot of this fine powder dust all over. I've scanned all the circuit boards and don't see any signs of a blown component. SOOOO.... with the loud noise, fine dust, and audio but no video to speak of, am I looking at blown tubes even though I can't see anything?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us