No channels with cablecard (not even analog)

Username: Rpgmaster

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony KDL-V32XBR1 and got a CableCard from Time Warner and they tell me that I should still receive channels 2-80 before the card is activated. I put the card in and the TV doesn't find any channels though without the card all the channels are fine. Time Warner thinks it's Sony's problem and Sony thinks it's Time Warner's problem. This is my second card and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Here is all the information my TV can provide:
CableCard™ Pairing
CableCard™: 000-299-063-797-4
Host: 007-001-984-867-3
Data: 086-582-251-34

UnitAddress: 000-02990-63787-127

Network Setup
LKC: 75.250 EMM: 1
OOB Msgs: 3275

CableCard™ Status
Manufacturer: 0x00 (Motorola)
Version: 04.21
Unit Address: 0011D359EB
000-02990-63787-127

Download Status
Segments left to download: 0
State: Wait To Start

Entitlement Management Messages
EMM Provider ID: 1

Out of Band Channel
Last Known Carrier: 75.250 Tuned

Conditional Access
Unit Address: 0011D359EB
000-02990-63787-127
Encryption: DES
Connected:yes, EnabledByCP: no
Auth: unknown
CA enable: unknown
ECM PID: 0x0000
Component PIDs:
0x0000 0x0000 0x0000
0x0000 0x0000 0x0000
Host Validation: Unknown 00
Copy Protection Key: Disabled
CCI: 0x03

Interactive Info
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
UPM Address: 0
Downstream ID: 0
Upstream ID: 0
Downstream: Unconfigured
Upstream: No Message To Send
Ack timeout: 0
Cell abort count: 0 (max -0)
MAC Abort count: 0 (max -0)

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 862
Bryan~ The simple truth is the card, even in an unauthorized state, should allow analog and clear to air channels to pass through when the card is inserted. The fact that it doesn't find any channels could indicate 1 of 3 things:
1. The card is unable to determine a defined channel map (have the cable company check the signal level of the FDC, the OOB level indicated above as "last known carrier: 75.250 tuned" at the back of your TV") They could also try to rebroadcast the channel map to make sure it is getting out properly, but if it wasn't there would be other customers having similar problems.
2. There could be something wrong with the tuner in the TV that is not locking onto the data as it should, even though you are able to view channels without the card in, when the card is installed the TV relies on the card to dictate where to put the channels. Since you have no way testing this without another Sony cable card TV, I would ask if they have a cable card TV at their office that they can put a new card in a verify it is working properly.
3. There is a problem with the card, although you stated this is the second card, it's highly unlikely but not impossible.

If I had to wager on it, I would be looking into the signals as the culprit. Have them verify what the actual RF signal for the FDC (OOB) carrier is hitting the back of the TV and also what the SNR is. Hope that helps, keep us posted

Username: Rpgmaster

Post Number: 2
I called Time Warner and they said that the OOB carrier is correct and the signal strength is good. The OOB Msgs is increasing so tha card is actually receiving a signal. They thought there might be a firmware update for my TV, but I checked and there is none. I think the only thing left is either the tuner or I need another CableCard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us