Samsung DLP HLP6163W potential problem...help.

Username: Rom2

Post Number: 1
Last night while playing my xbox360, my tv just automtically shut off, this happened twice in about 90mins span. Has this happened to anyone? Does this mean the bulb is about to die? I only had this for 20 or so months. I've played 360 on this tv before and this is the first time this happen. I haven't test watching on regular cable or sat. to see if it will shut down, since it was late last night will test today though.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 881
Something is heating up and shutting down.

Take the back off and clean things up in there with a brush attachment to your vac hose. Cleaning the inside every six months can prevent premature failure of several major components. After all, it's a projector that pulls air through it to keep things cool. With the air flow comes dust, lint, hair, bugs, etc. Pay extra attention to the cooling fans. Tape the cover switch shut and power up the set. Check that the fans spin equally and quietly. They are easy to replace if needed.

Post Number: 2
I sure hope I'm not going to mess things up, you think it's best for me to get a service guy to come out? I still have the 3 year warranty thing. Also, I'm not clear on the brush attachment, where can I get this? Then hook it to the vaccum hose right?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 884
The warranty won't cover cleanings and you can't really mess anything up with a brushy unless you're an ape.

You know what I'm talking about...that soft brushy attachment that allows you to vacuum dust from fabric furniture and curtain tops and such.

Post Number: 3
Heck I might need a new vacuum 'cause the brush I have is not that clean. Oooh.Oooh.aaahh..me will try clean tv.
But seriously thanks for the info. FYI.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 887
Yea...it may or may not solve the problem, but don't count on a tech to clean it up. It's how they make their money. You may need service anyway if the digital board is flaking. Good luck with it!

Post Number: 4
hey..that did the trick, it hasn't shut itself off for the past couple of days. Thanks for the info. FYI.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 894
Kewl! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us