JVC HR-S4500U won't stay on

Username: Planetearth

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I'm stuck with a stumper here--I hope someone can help.
I've got a JVC HR-S4500 SVHS VCR that won't stay on. It will turn on and display the channel, but within three seconds, it will power down again. This happens whether or not there's a tape in it, and with a tape in, it never engages the transport mechanism. It just powers on quietly...then shuts off just as quietly.
JVC has nothing on this, and I couldn't find any sort of "reset" power/channel/other button combination to reset the thing to the factory defaults. I unplugged it for half an hour, and that forced it to find all the channels and reset the clock again when it was hooked back up, but it still won't stay on.
Anyone seen anything like this? I really don't want to take it apart, because when I do stuff like that, I usually end up with extra parts...and I'm starting to realize those parts were there for a reason.
Thanks in advance.

-Steve

Username: Stesul

Hi,

I also happened to have a JVC HR-S9500U SVHS VCR quite ressembling to yours and for a week it reacts the same as yours: the power won't stay on, the tapes I put in automatically ejects. Some friend of mine said that it could be one of the fuses that may have blown, but I didn't find any exept for the main one that seems ok. Another friend said that it must be the straps that are loosen up. I have that machine for more then 5 years now, but I only used it when editing in S-VHS mode (so it may have 2 years of real mileage). The last time it worked was when I put a tape in after maybe a few months without using it, it played the tape normally and when I ejected the tape to put another one, it suddenly didn't want to power on normally again. Go figure.

Bronze Member
Username: Horaceec

Long Island Bahamas

Post Number: 14
i have a vcr' when put video tape in it play for about 10 seconds then power went of .could someone email me and tell me whats wrong?

Username: Ryanrit

North Wales, PA United States

Guys, Same problem here, but it's two years later. Did anyone find a solution to this issue?

Username: Stesul

Post Number: 2
Maybe this link can help

http://www.fixya.com/support/t167567-vcr_s_vhs_jvc_hr_s9500_switches_off

Username: Dljerger

I had this problem and it was a mechanically stuck on eject button.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us