Mitusubishi 50 in. Projection TV - possible relay or switch problem?

Username: Hellothisiskeith

Post Number: 1
Hello All, Long time reader, first time poster, and I have a question.

I have a Mitsubishi projection tv, model number VS50607, and it has a gremlin. The TV is 6 years old, and the service contract expired last year. :-(

Picture is fine, sound is fine, and all seems well for the most part, except the tv turns off on its own. When I go to turn it back on (with either remote or button on TV), it tries to click on, then immeadeatley clicks back off. This goes on and on for a while, until I come back an hour or so later and it works fine.

Could be a relay or something? Hopefully it is something simple that I can replace.

Username: Kingofbrits

Post Number: 2
I have a very similar problem, Keith. See full description here: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/284792.html/

I managed to track it down to what appears to be a relay. If I wiggle it (I found pushing down worked best), the TV would come back on if I got it to stay in just the right position. I eventually wedged something nonconductive back there (wooden spoon :-) ) to hold it in the right position, but that solution wore out after about a week. Now it won't even come on when I wiggle it. Sorry this isn't much help for you, but maybe you can track down the problem as well.

Good luck,
Brian
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us