HELP w/ LCD monitor

Username: Chevive

Post Number: 4
Bought a Viewsonic VX2235wm at Costco last night along with the Toshiba SD-K860 DVD player. The viewsonic item is a 22" computer monitor, but with a DVI input. The Toshiba player has an HDMI output which I'm using (converting the HDMI cable to a DVI input for the monitor).

I basically wanted a computer monitor to double as a DVD display for when I'm working out in my home office, but didn't want to use my laptop's poor DVD output.

When I turn on the DVD player, the monitor shows the picture (Blue screen with a Toshiba logo, etc.). However, when I try to play the disc, the screen goes to a blank blue. The box says he display is an HD one, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? I can only use the 720p or 480p output for DVDs -- if I use 1080i, the monitor doesn't recognize any signal for some reason. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to see the picture?

Thanks in advance

Username: Park8817

Richmodn Hill/Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
The Monitor chip can support over 1280 x 1024 , Nowdays normal resolution specification.
1080i is not a graphic standard, instead ..1024,768,800,480... and Vertical Line and H-V Syncs.

I think , you monitor chip set doesn't support the non-standard graphic resolutions.

Username: Simxpower

Jkky, Fhj Fghj

Post Number: 1
I'm using Pioneer dvd player dv-696-v w/ hdmi out to the same lcd "computer monitor" Viewsonic VX2235wm dvi (using hdmi to dvi converter), but still get no signal...

Dear @Hassan Malik , may i know what kind of converter or cable you're using ?
Really need your help.... TIA

Regards

Username: Simxpower

Post Number: 2
Can anyone help me please ???
i'd used two kind of hdmi to dvi-d converter (double and single), but still have no signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us