Broke antenna connection on back of TV and...

Username: Adela

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 6
Hello, I have an oldish but good Panasonic TV Model: CT20G10T about 20" screen. Hope someone came across this problem?

The antenna connection on the back of the TV got broken, so someone connected it for me with an audio/video, putting the tricolor 3 of them in the TV back and the other 3 into my Panasonic PV-D4745 VCR, and it works almost perfectly, but not quite...

When I turn off the TV, I get a snowy screen, and when I turn it on again it's still snowy, so I have to leave it on 24/7, otherwise it takes me forever to again get the picture...IF I get it.

When I turn off the VCR so it can do my daily timer tapings...the screen becomes snowy too so I can't have my timer tapings... I can change channels and volumes okay though.

Do you think I have this problem because I haven't connected from the TV antenna to the VCR? Or is there some other reason? It seems such a shame to have to get rid of my TV since otherwise it works just perfectly and with a great picture even though it's not a HDTV...

Thanks ever so much for any suggestions.

Adela

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1095
Adela, I have a 15+ year old Mitsubishi 26" that is acting similar to your TV.

"Do you think I have this problem because I haven't connected from the TV antenna to the VCR? Or is there some other reason?"

No, it's not the VCR's fault. That TV is getting old and tired. It's time to shop for a new one. Do not pay good money to repair it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us