Samsung 46" LCD 4695 vs Samsung 50"plasma 5053

Username: Krlo35

Post Number: 7
Can anyone give me some input on these models. I have been leaning towards the 50" plasma, seems to get some good reviews, but after reading about the 46LCD I am torn again.

Username: Rickoloughlin

Post Number: 2
I was just asking almost the same question. Is there a reason you're not considering the 52 inch LCD?

Best regards. -R.O.

Username: Krlo35

Post Number: 8
The only 52's are projection TVs which I am not interested in.
I saw the 4695 this weekend and really liked it. It even had a good standard TV picture. They explained that the 4695 LCD has the 1080p and the 50in plasma does not have this.
Now I am even more confused, and back to square 1.
It seems that this 1080p is the future and you are better off to have this.
I really do like the 4695 but it cost much more, I can get it thru Amazon, a lot cheaper and no tax, but I am a bit leary to do this online

Username: Rickoloughlin

Post Number: 4
Kelly, The larger the screen the more lines are needed for clarity. For this reason alone I am setting my sights on a 1080p 52" LCD. (There are indeed new LCD thin screens that run up to 52 and 57 inch. Samsung as I mentioned is one that I'm aware of but I'm sure there are more.) The 52 inch is going for about 5k right now. Compare that to the new 50 inch Pioneer 1080p that cost 10k. The math points me to the Samsung in about 6 months when the price begins to drop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us