Samsung 46" LCD HDTV (LN-S4695D)

Bronze Member
Username: Titleist

Post Number: 12
Anyone have one of these. LCD w/1080p. Sharp looking and only 44.5 inches wide. Wouls work great w/my space. If not this any other suggestions? Needs to be about the same width as above. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 985
I was at a local dealer over the weekend looking at the less agressive LN-S4692D, which is only 720p resolution. It was next to the Pioneer Elite 42" plasma and it was far better than the plasma, which the salesman insisted was the best plasma in that size available. I am seriously looking at this Samsung as it would fit my space beautifully and it has a drop dead, jaw dropping, picture. Then, he begins to talk to me about the '4695 model with the 1080p resolution. Said it blows everything away (he had seen a demonstration by the Samsung rep), but as they are waiting for a set to put on display, he can't show it to me yet. However, he did say while it looked much better in HD than any 720p set, it was noticeably worse on standard def signals as the internal scaler had a hard time spreading out the relatively few number of lines of SD onto a 1080 screen.

I hope this is of some help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us