Have Oppo But Worried I am Missing Out

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 21
Bought my Opppo a while back due to rumor, score and buzz. Mostly intent on listening to live performances through my Rotel 1056/Samsung big /Swan 5.2 set up. Pretty darn happy but want to know if I am missing out because I bought a 200 buck dvd player. Willing to buck up but point of diminishing returns is always present. Any suggestions to a proper direction or did I do alright with the dvd that has way too many bells and whistles that i will never use.
Really into sound and really appreciative.

Bronze Member
Username: Titleist

Post Number: 15
It depends. I'm assuming you have the Oppo DV-970HD. It does have the DCDi by Faroudja chip so from an audio standpoint its pretty good. I'm not familiar w/the rotel but I'm sure it has pretty good dacs. For the money you spent I do not believe you could do better than Oppo. Once you get into the higher end chips you see the money just flying out of your pocket. I would suggest go to a couple high end stores and take a listen to some of their higher end cd players and see if there noticable difference. I suppose you could buy one and then return it. It was not unlike my upgrade from a cheap sony receiver to my Outlaw 990. Everthing sounds better to me now. Best of luck

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 22
Thank-you for your honest response. Your time taken is appreciated. I guess I could try comparing it to my Myryad M100 cd player and see how it stands up to that excellence. I imagine the OPPO to be a lot brighter. Oh and yes you assumed correctly on the model.
I almost went with Outlaw but got very good deal on the Rotel. Thanks again and have a great week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us