Hitachi HDTV only working in 16:9 Zoom

Username: Ekettwig

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Hitachi 57G500 hooked up to a Motorola 3412 stb provided by comcast. I can only watch HD programing in 16:9 zoom mode if I put the tv into 16:9 Standard I get a black screen with a shadow of a picture (best way I can think of to explain it). I can play my Xbox 360 in HD in either 16:9 zoom or standard modes so it leaves me to beleive that it is either the cable box or an incompatibility between by cable box and my tv. I have had the cable box replaced once before with no luck on fixing the issue and am going to have it replaced again for a different reason on Friday. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on what the problem is or any ideas that might help me to fix it. Both the Xbox 360 and the cable box are hooked up through component cables and to a switch box so they both go into the same input on the tv and I have allready tried both removing the cable box from the switch and switching its position with the Xbox 360 on the switch to see if that would resolve the problem.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us