S-Video No Better

Username: E7715159

Post Number: 2
I recently bought a Toshiba DLP TV, I have learned a lot about HD and DLP from reading about it on the internet. I switched my feed from my Motorola Sat reciever from standard RF cable to S-Video because everyone says its far superior. My problem is, it made NO difference. I still have dots wandering all over, and the picture is not clear at all. My old CRT tv was much better. I can't use Composite video because my Sat reciever doesn't have them. Any help? The connections are pretty straight forward. Am I doing something wrong? I'm serious the picture is exactly the same! HElp!

Username: Ouxly40

Post Number: 4
Did you try comparing the different inputs on a different TV?

Username: E7715159

Post Number: 3
Alas, if only I had another TV with S-Video and RF's, all my others are coax only. Then I could compare. Maybe I'm being too picky. Is DLP that good? Am I expecting too much? Is it comparable with plasma?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 26
What are you feeding the TV? also what size is the TV? Mini dish looks bad on any TV, some cable also looks bad when the SD is upconverted, did you try DVD's? Big dish and dvd's look great on my 52" Toshiba, mini dish is to nasty looking to watch because of the over compression.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3041
RF shouldn't look as good as s-video, no matter what the TV or source is. Either something's wrong with the equipment, or there's something wrong with the cables or connections.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us